I'd like friends losing weight & recomp'ing

Options
Been using MFP for the last 4 weeks and I've gone from 105 kgs to 100 (232lb - 220).

I'm trying to lose another 10kg (22lbs) and recompose.

I used to be fairly fit, but haven't been eating well or exercising for some years. I'm nearly 40, 6'2", and eager to get in better shape.

I'm hoping to find other MFPers on a similar journey to share tips and motivation.

Replies

• watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Hi mate, great loss so far

I’ve got roughly 8-10lb to cut then
    Planning on a long recomp
    Feel free to add
  • charlzmartin12
    charlzmartin12 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I'm Charles and I use weights to build my physique. Several years ago I lost 188 lbs through diet and exercise with a personal trainer. I put back on a lot in the last year, ballooning to 295. Since then, through intermittent fasting, I'm now at 262. The problem is that I'm stuck at this weight from eating too few calories. Now I'm modifying things to include an extra meal/calories. I will adjust to reach my goals. Willing to be supportive of your goals too.
  • natruallycurious
    natruallycurious Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I am working to lose about 10-15 more pounds and recomp as well. I've kind of slowed down the cutting in favor of building muscle. Feel free to add me if you'd like
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    I have around 15kg to lose then looking at recomp for the remainder of my weight loss. Feel free to add me.

@charlzmartin12 Eating too little is never the reason for a stall (starvation mode which is bandied about as your body holding onto fat because of eating too little is a myth), you are likely overestimating your calorie burns or underestimating your calorie intake.