falling apart

Options
Does anyone else's body feel like it's falling apart? I have been working out now for a couple of weeks and so I know I still have a long ways to go before I'm strong but I feel like I'm falling apart. I have a spur in my heel, I think I have shin splints and I seem to constantly have a headache.

Replies

• mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    you may need a new pair of running shoes.
    as for the headache, are you getting enough water?
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Go see you doctor, then once you are healthy as you are, talk to a trainer, you may not be using proper alignment, footing, and holding your self up properly while working out.
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Headache could be a blood pressure issue as well.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    what do you do in your workouts?
  • cabul3
    cabul3 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    UGH - a Spur in the Heel - is that what it's called?

cuz i went to bed with one last nite and woke up even worse :o(
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Sometimes! I'm a forty something that hurts because of the extra weight. I did kettle bells the other day and then couldn't walk for a couple of days without my legs buckling. So, I understand! Try some water workouts!
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Are you having enough rest days? I have had to cut back because I've had a couple of head colds and I think it's because I'm overdoing it.
  • Audra1989
    Options
    you might want to add swimming to your work out
  • corymomma
    corymomma Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Heel Spurs...get some Dr. Scholls Gellin inserts...I've also discovered the ones for arthritis support are wonderful and help my legs all the way up to my hips, as of right now I've gone with both...it's not going to totally cure the problem but it will help. Also if you can take Aleve do so. The other solution is quite painful but is long lasting...but you have to see a doctor...that would be cortisone injections into the foot itself at the point of the spur. Like I said it is quite painful, and it may take several injections to get the desired relief, but it is much longer lasting...

As for the headache, you need to be drinking more water, and maybe something to help with electrolytes possibly. I find that if I'm not getting enough water/liquid in me I get severe headaches....

Best of luck, and no you aren't alone...
  • bluevwgurl
    bluevwgurl Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    i read on here somewhere at somepoint that if you point your toes and draw upper case alphabet letters it helps shin splints. i dont know how true it is, as i havent had them. i just filed the info for future use. ??

maybe search forums for it?
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    is it really heal spurs? i have plantofaciitis (spelling?) and it's terrible in mornings and evening, my right heel is in constant pain.

anyway, after 2 different podiatrists telling me it wasn't my weight, it has reduced alot since losing 40 pounds (18kg).

and i find that if i use a treadmill on incline it doesn't hurt as much as on the flat. so i jog at an incline of 8 and walk at an incline of 10 if i use the treadmill.

running is generally horrible for making you feel like your body is falling apart... so i don't do much of it... i find the ellipitcal much better for a no pain sweat session.
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I get those days too, except for me, if I let it go on, it turns into one of those 'months' or several thereof.

This is the first time where I've worked out consistently for three months.

I totally get it. It's so hard. You just have to keep going. Maybe switch it up a bit? If you've got shin splints, is there any way you can go swimming? It's great cardio, and if you don't want to do front strokes, there are great leg exercises you can do by just hanging onto a bogeyboard (I think that's what it's called, lol) and just kicking up and down the lanes.

Also, if you can afford it, get a consultation with a personal trainer. Maybe they can help.

Keep your chin up. =) You can message me if you feel down. I'd be glad yo help any way I can.
  • ksutte
    ksutte Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have shin splints and heal spurs. There are stretches you can do for the spurs, I do them before I get out of bed as that is when they hurt the most. There is a lot of information on the internet, I posted some of the key pointers below. Proper shoes are a must and will help a lot with the shins and heals.

1.Stretching the calf muscles several times a day, especially in the morning and after prolonged sitting. Everyone seems to think the Foot Stretch is best (see reviews). We also have Night Splints
    2.Ice after activity. 3.Tape when applied as shown (especially for severe cases)
    4.Stretching the plantar fascia in the morning.
    5.Rest.
    6.Arch Support (especially if you have flat feet). We recommend the PowerSteps.
    7.Losing weight if possible, especially in overweight women because our survey of 5,000 visitors shows overweight women are 6 times more likely than overweight men to get plantar fasciitis. This is probably because fat deposits lower on the body in women than in men. This lowers the center of gravity which will cause excess tension in the plantar fasciitis if there is not also greater flexibility in the calf muscles.
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    It took me a little while to get to the point where my body wasn't screaming at me either but I still have one issue. When I do any kind of excercise that reqire's me to bend over (like week 1 of Ripped In 30 with the weight behind your neck) it just about kills this one spot on my lower back on the left side. I don't know why, I don't think I'm bending wrong, I just think it's a weak core issue but still, it kills me. And the running ~lol~ even now, later that night or the next morning, I have an hour where I can't even fathom moving cause my legs still feel like jelly. I think it'll get better as you get stronger and more used to everything your doing. It takes time and patience. That's one thing I have learned.
  • r_drie
    r_drie Posts: 19
    Options
    A good 2 liters a day. And I am pretty sure my shoes are good, but I should look into that