Days Of The Week

Options
Does weighing on Monday good or bad to losing weight

Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Why do you think it matters?

You can weigh any day you like, or every day, or every other day, or any other pattern that makes sense for your situation. You've been at this a while, presumably you've established some sort of routine. If you're bouncing from strategy to strategy you'll never make any progress.

• MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I often eat pizza Sunday night, so when I look at the scale Monday morning it appears that I have gained 1-1.5 pounds overnight. I suppose I could come up with some sort of hypothetical in which seeing this caused me to abandon all hope of losing weight and eat everything in sight, in which case it would be better for my weight loss to wait a day or two for the water weight to drop before weighing myself.

For real though, from your past posts, I think you worry too much. Just eat less than you use. It doesn't matter what, when, where, or who you eat, so long as you maintain a deficit over time.
  • Pamshebamm181
    Pamshebamm181 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Whatever works for you. Every Monday, every Wednesday, everyday.

Whatever you do just try to keep it consistent.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    It's irrelevant.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    If you really want to be a little more accurate, you could weigh everyday and take an average every week, since weight fluctuates so much during the week. Or just take measurements
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    What day you weigh yourself has zero effect on weight loss. The only thing that effects weight loss is the amount of calories you put in your pie-hole. ;)
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, But only updated my MFP every 5 pounds once i was sure i was consistently under the next 5 pounds down for more thn a few days-week. For me it had a few benefits. It helped me to stop panicking, I didnt ever have to be like yay im 150 pounds now! -update MFP- and then the next day im 152 and feel awful. That way mentally i was always slightly heavier thn i was, Which gave me some mental wiggle room.

After some time i had a good view of how long it took me consistently to lose 5 pounds. Was relatively linear, Where as weekly/daily weigh ins werent. It was helpful to learn my body weighing daily so scale fluctuation didnt panick me. Mental peace there.

And i avoided spamming peoples homepages with "jayde has lost 1 pound!" And avoided ever havign to put my weight back up. That sucks and is so disheartening lol.

Edited to add: I have heard of a few people who prefer weighing on mondays because it holds them accountable for their weekend "bad" foods and higher calories. IT could also have the opposit effect if you panick easily, Which by your posts you seem to. Maybe friday works beter for you, IF you tend to panick when your scale goes up. But that may also lead to you feeling great about your great week and low weight, And then going off and eating more on your weekend. Its really all on you to decide. The day doesnt matter. As i said i weigh daily
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself Sunday mornings because it is quiet and I don't forget. What day I weigh myself doesn't make me lose weight. A calorie deficit makes me lose weight.
    I probably wouldn't compare Sunday one week to Tuesday the next and Friday the next week. Weigh daily and understand fluctuations or pick a day to weigh in regularly and consistently.

You might use something like trendweight, weightgrapher or happyscale to track your weight.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Sunday it is, then!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I just think myself weighing on Sunday makes sense because it is the start of the week for me.

You could weigh Sunday AND Monday just to be sure.... Or weigh for a month on Sundays, then switch to a month of Monday weigh ins and see if it makes a difference to weight loss.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Sundays to keep me 'honest' on Saturdays. It's the one day that I'm likeliest to go off the rails. Knowing that the scale is looming helps me stay on track.
  • MsChewMe
    MsChewMe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Because I am superstitious I only weigh in on full moons. Works for me.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself when I'm at home and have access to my scale.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    You can weigh yourself on any day ending in 'Y'.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I just think myself weighing on Sunday makes sense because it is the start of the week for me.

You could weigh Sunday AND Monday just to be sure.... Or weigh for a month on Sundays, then switch to a month of Monday weigh ins and see if it makes a difference to weight loss.

Weighing once a month it’s hard to see any trends. Every week you see more of a trend & stay on top of your weight more.

Where did I say once a month?
    I said weigh for a month on Sundays, then for a month on Mondays.