Low Cal Diet & Healthy Foods- October

Options
stephyyyo
stephyyyo Posts: 107 Member
edited September 2017 in Challenges
Hi ladies, was wondering if anyone wanted to join me. The daily calories I need to stick under to lose weight is 1200. What's yours?
I'm cutting out flour (breads and pastas) and all sweets. Staying with more natural foods.

We post daily a screenshot of our daily intake. Join me and let's finally reach that goal weight!

Replies

• Pamshebamm181
    Pamshebamm181 Posts: 92 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    No. Eat more food.

Edit: Don't flag me because you're mad that I told you your idea to start a diet with 900 calorie days is bad, and then go and change your entire post including the title.
  • stephyyyo
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I'm starting today but challenge officially will start Monday!
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    So here's the issue. Veggies have calories. Even raw, no seasoning, no sauce. So this idea is that you eat 900 cals on day 1 plus infinite veggies. The problem is that I can easily eat several hundred calories of vegetables.
    • Corn, 1 cup: 606 calories
    • Sweet potato: 1 cup: 114 calories
    • Soy beans, 1 cup: 830 calories
    • Peas, 1 cup: 118 calories

Why not just count every calorie and target to make more of your calories come from vegetables?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    1200 is based on your weekly weight loss goal - or you are very petite AND sedentary.

I don't do well with elimination diets. When I've done them in the past I've gained all the weight back. Weight loss is just the first step. Will you be eliminating these foods forever, or will you be learning portion control during maintenance?
  • stephyyyo
    edited September 2017
    Options
    No. Eat more food.

Edit: Don't flag me because you're mad that I told you your idea to start a diet with 900 calorie days is bad, and then go and change your entire post including the title.

I flagged you cause you didn't even fully read my post and your comment was rude. Even read the comment below saying you could overeat. I changed it to 1200 so people like you would have a clearer understanding on what the original goal would be. I never would eat 900 calories alone.
  • stephyyyo
    Options
    leggup wrote: »
    So here's the issue. Veggies have calories. Even raw, no seasoning, no sauce. So this idea is that you eat 900 cals on day 1 plus infinite veggies. The problem is that I can easily eat several hundred calories of vegetables.
    • Corn, 1 cup: 606 calories
    • Sweet potato: 1 cup: 114 calories
    • Soy beans, 1 cup: 830 calories
    • Peas, 1 cup: 118 calories

Why not just count every calorie and target to make more of your calories come from vegetables?

true! that's why i changed it to 1200 (which is my target) and everyone else would have a target and count everything.
  • stephyyyo
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    1200 is based on your weekly weight loss goal - or you are very petite AND sedentary.

I don't do well with elimination diets. When I've done them in the past I've gained all the weight back. Weight loss is just the first step. Will you be eliminating these foods forever, or will you be learning portion control during maintenance?

For me, and my family's history of diabetes, eliminating flour and unnatural sweets should be a lifelong thing, so that's my goal. I understand not everyone would want to do this, but for me, that's what has worked. Some people are more susceptible to those types of carbs so they should be eliminating them forever if they want to be a healthy weight. But I'm definitely allowing veggies and fruits and some carbs like quinoa/rice.