Am loving Atkin's Advantage shakes!!

Options
Only 160 calories,with only 2 net carbs & 15 grams protien.So low gycemic index and soo yummy.I've had the vanilla and just bought mocha latte,cafe caramel,creamy chocolate & strawberry to try.

I usually do Slimfast and have had the Slimfast Low carb ones,but boy these are even better for protien and soo creamy tasting to me.

I feel full on these too.

Right now I have one at breakfast,a Slimfast low carb at lunch,my 2 snacks a day and a sensible dinner.Aiming for 1,200 calories a day.

Anyone else a fan!

The cheapest place I've found Atkins & Slimfast has been Sam's Club & BJ's.

Oh and the Atkins daybreak bars are wonderful too--no yucky aftertaste or chalky taste in mouth.Very tasty,lower in calories than other protien bars,carbs aren;t bad either.

Anyone else a fan?

Replies

• annie1396
    Options
    Yes...they are great! Initially, for some, they may take some getting use to, but the benefits outweigh the taste. Best wishes on your continued weight loss!!
  • Paulette_Spencer
    Paulette_Spencer Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i love the atkins shakes, they taste better than slimfast and keep me fuller longer. i also think that they are better than the special k protein drinks. o and the atkins bars taste just like candy , yummy! :)
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I eat a daybreak bar and a low carb yogurt almost everyday for breakfast. Will have to try the shakes! Thanks for the info.:smile:
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I actually just ordered some! I have been craving chocolate milk like a mad woman, and the dark chocolate royale had great reviews, so I figured I would give it a whirl. Glad to know they are so popular.
  • McMamma38
    Options
    Yeah,I think they taste better than Slimfast too.May have to completely switch over.
  • VRoseDuda
    VRoseDuda Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym early so I have one after my workout...I prefer the daybreak ones.
  • McMamma38
    Options
    Thanks.

I haven't tried the Special K ones,did look at those but the carbs on those were higher,wich I didn't like.
  • VRoseDuda
    VRoseDuda Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    the special K shakes are yummy but have a ton of sugar. I eat carbs but watch my sugar so I avoid them
  • jasonweinberg
    Options
    the chocolate chip daybreak bars are a snack staple for me. i like the atkins shakes but make my own shakes with light soy milk and body fortress powder (with a little spirulina added) because it is so much cheaper than pre-made shakes.
  • McMamma38
    Options
    the special K shakes are yummy but have a ton of sugar. I eat carbs but watch my sugar so I avoid them

I do carbs,but am careful to keep carbs under 1.5--2 carbs at breakfast,lunch,snacks and under 3 for dinner.
  • Wanting2BSkinny
    Options
    I love those shakes. I've only tried the vanilla and regular chocolate. I saw the new chocolate one's, but didn't know they had other flavors. I'll definitely have to look for those. I also love the snack bars. The chocolate and coconut is my favorite.
  • TDSeest
    TDSeest Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I like all the Atkins shakes, including the day break shakes. I also use Walker Diet shake mix, to supplement it, because it is much cheaper. Not as convenient though, because you have to mix it yourself. But, between Walker Diet shakes, and Atkins shakes, I get lots of variety.