cake blew my whole day

Options
My work people surprised me with rich chocolate cake yesterday to celebrate my birthday (my b-day was 3 weeks ago). I had a slice and logged it at about 200 calories. My thinking was, I will make this my snack and just go on with my day. I know cake is pure sugar and I will be starving an hour later. I know I didn't have to eat the darn cake. I could have pretended to have some and just toss the piece I got. But nooooo! I ate it.

OK so today is a new day and the cake is in the past and I'm moving forward.

Replies

• ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I hope it was everything you dreamed of!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    http://physiqonomics.com/the-art-of-the-*kitten*-up/

just change the word *kitten* to the F word and it will take you to the site. I like this guy he's pretty informative in an easy to understand way.
  • FatWithFatness
    FatWithFatness Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    A little cake once in a while isn't a bad thing. I tend to think of my calories as a whole for the week. If I go over one day, no big deal, I'll make up for it with smarter choices later, this lets me eat lighter most days and drink beer and pizza on the weekends.
  • takuwinds
    takuwinds Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    @mph323 I did later binge on spaghetti. I know I'm blaming food for my setback but no one held a gun to my head and forced me to eat the dang food. I did beat myself up a little but I'm ok now. I recovered and today is a new day to get back on track.

Thank you everyone for the encouragement, it helps me a lot.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    takuwinds wrote: »
    @mph323 I did later binge on spaghetti. I know I'm blaming food for my setback but no one held a gun to my head and forced me to eat the dang food. I did beat myself up a little but I'm ok now. I recovered and today is a new day to get back on track.

Thank you everyone for the encouragement, it helps me a lot.

Got it. 200 calories worth of cake isn't worth the guilt, but binging later is an issue, I agree.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    If there ever comes a day where I feel guilty for eating cake I really hope somebody does shoot me.

you had one slice of cake not the whole thing and you chose to "binge on spaghetti" that had nothing to do with the cake but everything to do with your choices!
  • Goober1142
    Goober1142 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    If I had eaten the cake I would have stopped at the store on the way home and gotten a pint of Ben and Jerry's and a large bag of Cheetos since I already ruined my day lol
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    200 calories is a tiny slice of cake... just FYI the average cupcake is 300-400 calories lol.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    takuwinds wrote: »
    My work people surprised me with rich chocolate cake yesterday to celebrate my birthday (my b-day was 3 weeks ago). I had a slice and logged it at about 200 calories. My thinking was, I will make this my snack and just go on with my day. I know cake is pure sugar and I will be starving an hour later. I know I didn't have to eat the darn cake. I could have pretended to have some and just toss the piece I got. But nooooo! I ate it.

OK so today is a new day and the cake is in the past and I'm moving forward.

This post makes me want to cry.
    1. if you only having 200 calories of cake blows your whole day, you are under eating. 2. I need like more than 200 calories worth of cake if I'm going to eat it! 3. Your mind set is totally off if this actually threw you off for the day. The whole point of losing weight sustainably is to work these things into your diet, and when you do go over know that a couple of hundred calories isn't a huge difference in the grand scheme of things.

Do you think having 1 small little piece of cake is what made you over weight in the first place? I mean really how small was this piece of rich chocolate cake, that it was only 200 calories! That is willpower there in itself! I need to know the size of this damn piece of cake! Ok, I'm done.

• QueenBee2018
    QueenBee2018 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    One thing I have realized lately is that even though I have enough calories for cake or sweets they aren't always worth it because they turn on the CRAVE machine...it's definitely easier when that monster is quiet.