Finally to goal weight, almost 100 pounds gone (yes, I have pics)

Options
JustRobby1
JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
edited September 2017 in Success Stories
Actually I hit this like a week ago but I am just now getting around to posting pictures here. It's taken me 13 months and change. I am still not "done" as I have got some sculpting and refining to do. I also have lots of running goals I am working on. I am not planning on packing it up and leaving MFP either. Some people might be able to thrive post goal without this place. I have a slew of ex-friends on here who vanished after they hit goal, but I am not so sure I trust myself to follow suit.

People I encounter in the real world have asked me how I did it so many times that it is a question I am sick of fielding, but the answer is nothing complicated. I simply restricted calories and exercised. When I tell people this they always look at me as if I am either lying or holding something back. "Cmon Robby, you know you are really a coke addict and just hide it well". As if it can't really be as simple as calories and exercise. I banned no food or restricted any macro. I did not hire a personal trainer or take fitness classes. I did not really even change my diet that dramatically from what it was previously, I just altered my portions.

So yeah, size differences. 44 waist jeans at my highest. I wear a 32 now. I used to wear a size 50 sport coat and now I am a 42R. I shopped mostly at either Plato's Closet or Goodwill along the way. I have been a size 32 for around a month, so I am actually buying clothing from legit merchants now.

I really do not have much else to say on the subject, mostly because it's a topic that I have been required to discuss to death among those who are in my life day-to-day. Those who have gone through a similar experience will likely know what I mean. Though if anyone has specific questions I will answer to the best of my ability.

To those that are still making their way on this long road, don't lose heart and go easy on yourself. Rome was not built in a day, and fattys don't instantly morph into Adonis overnight either. You will have good days and bad days, but so long as the good far outnumbers the bad it will all work itself out in the end.

Before Pics

pkb4m59afb4n.png

7pfa937mfkdo.jpg

After Pics (yes, I have loose skin, as you can see in one of them)

o0b0de7h5l0u.png

ebu0tbd1hq3a.jpg

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    So amazingly awesome!
  • hoffman2300
    hoffman2300 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    amazing and inspirational - thank you!
  • MadisonJay64
    MadisonJay64 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Well done, amazing results!
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Amazing! That's serious hard work and dedication!
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Looking great! Congrats!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    You look so healthy and at least 10 yrs younger! Well done you! Thanks for the no gimmicks, no magic advice too :)
  • SnazzIT
    SnazzIT Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Freakin amazing and love that you explained everything simply as it is. Well done :) I am trully inspired.
  • Dmunyan2693
    Dmunyan2693 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • TBeverly49
    TBeverly49 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing!!! Your an inspiration!,,
  • Arizona_C
    Arizona_C Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    Hey, thats amazing! You have done so well! You look gorgeous with that muscle definition, it really suits you
  • bobbigirl83
    bobbigirl83 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • TorStar80
    TorStar80 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    *hug* wtg! You look happy. :)
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Amazing, thank you for sharing your triumph with us!
  • nw_mtgal
    nw_mtgal Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Amazing and SO inspiring! WTG!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,318 Member
    Options
    so amazing. Well done!! I'm not planing to leave mfp when I reach my goal either
  • Jancandoit7
    Jancandoit7 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    WOW! You are so right- it really is simple isn't it- so long as one perseveres- which you certainly have. You look absolutely amazing, but more importantly, I bet you feel amazing. Thanks so much for sharing
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Nicely done! Gives me inspiration :)
    What did you do for exercise...cardio, weights of both?
  • HappyEC
    HappyEC Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing! You're smart to stay on MFP if it works for you. Incredible job!
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    craignev wrote: »
    Nicely done! Gives me inspiration :)
    What did you do for exercise...cardio, weights of both?

@craignev I am a distance runner primarily. To be honest I am only just now starting to get into weights. I run 30-35 miles per week these days and I enjoy both road and trail running. I'll run on the treadmill only if weather forces me to. I much prefer to be outside. I completed my first half marathon very recently on Sept. 24th.

Though I am getting ahead of myself since back when I started I could not even walk a mile, much less run one. It was a SLOW process. I started off just walking, then run/walk intervals, and then it just became a matter of my running longer distances as my stamina built up slowly over time due to practice. After I got bit by the bug, I was hooked, and my exercise life became a non-stop pursuit of running faster and farther. I guess I should mention that I am fortunate I ended up getting hooked on an activity that also happens to burn a ton of calories. When you are losing weight, heavy cardio like that is solid gold for creating a calorie deficit.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!