Good Protein powder?

Hello I'm trying to gain muscle and I'm looking for protein powders any good ideas? I bought this Protein powder from Target tried it yesterday and got GI issues a few hours later and today after my workout I just feel mentally drained has anyone experienced this with Protein powders before? I'm Intolerant to Paprika Bananas Avacado's Kiwi and Bell Pepper so exclude any powders with those foods

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    What kind of protein powder that gave you gastric issues? I would try to figure out if it was a reaction to the type of protein or maybe an ingredient added to the powder.
  • ona1990
    ona1990 Posts: 58 Member
    Protein powders with soy or whey give me gas and cramps (TMI I know).
    I now use Vega Protein and Greens. It's vegan and soy freee. 20g Protein and 2 servings of greens per scoop. I'd check the label, but I don't think it contains any of the foods you mentioned.
  • ona1990 wrote: »
    Protein powders with soy or whey give me gas and cramps (TMI I know).
    I now use Vega Protein and Greens. It's vegan and soy freee. 20g Protein and 2 servings of greens per scoop. I'd check the label, but I don't think it contains any of the foods you mentioned.

I've taken that powder the only thing I don't like is that it has no vitamin. C to help digest the iron. I'm usually fine with Whey so I do think think it's the whey. If you are having gas and cramps you might be lactose intolerant. I'm lactose intolarent slightly and I have that and then some and it does not have any of the foods I mentioned
  • What kind of protein powder that gave you gastric issues? I would try to figure out if it was a reaction to the type of protein or maybe an ingredient added to the powder.

I bought COR-SPORT Whey Protein I will try it over the weekend again to test and see if it is in face the powder and not something else ingredients are protein blend of whey concentrate and isolate cocoa powder (processed with alkali) natural and artificial flavors cullulose gum, Xanthan gum,Salt (Sodium Chloride) Protease Acesulfame Potassium Sucralose Protaese A-S and Lactase contains milk and soy. I did notice it has a warning to not take medication or over the counter medication while taking it I had Zyrtec the 24 hours before do you think that can be the culprit?
  • What kind of protein powder that gave you gastric issues? I would try to figure out if it was a reaction to the type of protein or maybe an ingredient added to the powder.

I don't think it's the Whey since I have Quest bars and they have Whey and I am fine with the bars
  • I recently had that experience with Shakeology, I personally love Costco Premade Premier Protein Shakes (grab and go) and also love the ON 100% Whey Gold Standard protein powder. When I used to train hard with a trainer to gain muscle this protein was a good one and cheap. It never gave me any GI issues. The vanilla is great to mix in tons of things.

thats what worked for me anyway good luck
  • I recently had that experience with Shakeology, I personally love Costco Premade Premier Protein Shakes (grab and go) and also love the ON 100% Whey Gold Standard protein powder. When I used to train hard with a trainer to gain muscle this protein was a good one and cheap. It never gave me any GI issues. The vanilla is great to mix in tons of things.

thats what worked for me anyway good luck

When you had Shakeology I understand you had the GI issues did you have loss of appetite mental drain ( the next day) short temper during GI issues and easy to get stressed ( next day )
  • canihazcarbs
    canihazcarbs Posts: 18 Member
    I use unflavored myprotein impact whey. Super clean ingredients(just whey & soy lecithin) & it is the least expensive protein powder available. I have no digestability issues with it. I got about 20lbs for around $100 shipped.
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    I like myprotein whey. (Myprotein.com) is inexpensive, they often have sales, the flavored one I bought (salted caramel) was quite good, and the shipping is fast. Plus labdoor.com rated it very high on both quality and value.