Disappointed in myself

Options
Ive been on here dieting for 10 days. Im down 5 pounds. Today my sugar dropped to a very uncomfortable level (i get the shakes, sweat, and throw up) i ate 3 poptarts . Now i feel worse. Totally messing up my day. Crap

Replies

• swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    We all go through it. You haven't ruined anything. You needed more food. Hugs! Great job on those five lbs! You are going to do great!
  • LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day! Move on!
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    cenafan wrote: »
    GlassAngyl wrote: »
    How does 3 pop tarts ruin an entire day??? Days not over?? and I'm sorry.. did I read that right!! 5lbs in 10 days? If I did.. have fun with scaly skin, balding head, and brittle nails if you keep that up.

The first couple of weeks weight can fall off fast. But it's not fat loss, it food/water weight. I lost more than that the first week (I had about 130 to lose). It normalizes itself. It's not fair to assume she's starving herself and will continue.

OP. That's only 600 calories. Make a few adjustments and you can still easily be within your set calories for the day.

That makes more sense. Water weight. Actual 5 pounds would be OUCH. I don't count water weight as a loss or having three pop tarts as a fail. I may not be thrilled.. but if I screw up my carb and sugar goals, I try to at least aim for calorie goals.
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    cenafan wrote: »
    How does 3 pop tarts ruin an entire day??? Days not over?? and I'm sorry.. did I read that right!! 5lbs in 10 days? If I did.. have fun with scaly skin, balding head, and brittle nails if you keep that up.

The first couple of weeks weight can fall off fast. But it's not fat loss, it food/water weight. I lost more than that the first week (I had about 130 to lose). It normalizes itself. It's not fair to assume she's starving herself and will continue.

OP. That's only 600 calories. Make a few adjustments and you can still easily be within your set calories for the day.

That makes more sense. Water weight. Actual 5 pounds would be OUCH. I don't count water weight as a loss or having three pop tarts as a fail. I may not be thrilled.. but if I screw up my carb and sugar goals, I try to at least aim for calorie goals.

We don't know her starting weight. 5lbs is possible as a maintained weight loss in 10 days if she's obese. I lost way more than that. It's still coming off faster than "normal". But it's slowing. The problem is the expectation for that rate to continue. I blame biggest loser for that. Worst show ever on tv. Unrealistic weight loss expectations.
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Unless she means three packets? Lol
  • changetime77
    changetime77 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You are owning what you ate. You just need to find what works for you and your body when it comes to sugar levels, I myself retain fluid and get told all the time you have to take all salt out of your diet to stop retaining fluid but if I do this my blood pressure drops to the point I will pass out as I have low blood pressure...

And when you start any new way of eating it takes a bit to get the balance right for your body, you'll work it out.. It's important not to focus of the slips but focus on the little victories... The War is not won with one fight...

Congrats on the 5lb so far..

Start date 18/09/2017
    Start Weight 121.5kg (268lbs)
    Current weight 118.6kg (261.5lbs)
    Total lost 2.9kg (6.4lbs)
    First Goal Weight 115kg (253.5lbs)
  • AZrising
    AZrising Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Karylee50 wrote: »
    Ive been on here dieting for 10 days. Im down 5 pounds. Today my sugar dropped to a very uncomfortable level (i get the shakes, sweat, and throw up) i ate 3 poptarts . Now i feel worse. Totally messing up my day. Crap

• AZrising
    AZrising Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Stupid phone. Don’t beat yourself up! We have all been there. Just let it be this once and then let it go. When you wake up, it’s another day. Keep doing your thing! You got this.
  • artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I agree. Been there, your day is ok! Just eat veggies and protein for dinner and go for a brisk walk.
  • Karylee50
    Karylee50 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I gave the last one to my kid! Otherwise i would have eaten that as well. Thankd for all the replies. I was having a bad night all around. And yes, most of the first weeks weight will be water and well, i was most likely eating 3x my calorie goals a day.