Weightloss plateau

Options
sammy8931
sammy8931 Posts: 3 Member
edited September 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I've cut rice, soda and almost all carbs out of my diet. I try and stay away from fatty protein and i eat asparagus, red onions and broccoli almost everyday and drink spinach and fruit smoothies for breakfast. No sugar, no salt and i only drink water although not an excessive amount. I haven't been able to lose weight... i workout 3 times a week with atleast 30 mins of cardio. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated on tips and meal suggestions

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Actually, fruit has sugar so you are having carbs/sugar. Fruit smoothies can have a lot of calories unless you are very careful with your measurements.

Here's a troubleshooting flowchart that has good advice:

mxvugprssiln.jpg
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating each day?
  • sammy8931
    Options
    The app says about 1000
    Morning is the spinach smoothie, besides fruit and water there is no added sugar, no yogurt either
    Lunch is a salmon Caesar wrap with whole wheat tortilla and cucumbers
    Dinner today was salmon and the vegetables which i bake
    Had a small bowl of popcorn from trader Joe's as a snack and i have been drinking cucumber water most of the day. I try and drink water anytime i feel hungry, did not work out today but i have twice already this week
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Yes, but are you weighing your food, or just guessing at portion sizes?
  • sammy8931
    Options
    I am just guessing it only on dinner portions. Everything else is monitored
  • explodingmango
    explodingmango Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Yeah, 1000 calories a day and no weight loss indicates that either you need to see a doctor (and it can happen for medical reasons! I've been there!), or you're overestimating what 1000 calories looks like.

If you're actually measuring, accurately, and you know the portion sizes you log and their corresponding calorie counts are correct, schedule some bloodwork. It may be a thyroid issue or something like that.

If you're not measuring your food, start doing it. You may be surprised at how much smaller 1 gram is than you think.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    1000 calories a day and you should be losing weight unless you're not measuring and weighing correctly. But the lowest I think this app will recommend is 1,200. That's the lowest amount a woman should eat.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    sammy8931 wrote: »
    I am just guessing it only on dinner portions. Everything else is monitored

Buy a food scale, weigh all solids, measure liquids, ensure you're using accurate database entries and log everything. You're likely underestimating your calories.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    You're eating more than you think. Work on the accuracy of your logging so you have a true picture of your calorie consumption. That should resolve your issues.