Loosing over 50 lbs

Options
Wanting to shed alot of weight with healthy diet and exercise. Going through plateaus and cravings?! Need tips to eliminate all junk food/processed foods from diet.

Replies

• FutureDVM2020
    FutureDVM2020 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    For me, I eliminated all the "crap" over the course of about a month. I still have some processed foods, but I cut out candy and junk processed foods. I found that taking my daily vitamins ritually along with fiber every day helped me. They say there are some vitamin/micronutrient imbalances that can contribute to sugar cravings. I grocery shop on the weekends and make sure I have enough fruits and produce to last me the week. I pack my lunches for school and only pack the healthy things that I buy. I do occasionally splurge or have a bad week, but I'm always conscious of my serving sizes and portion control. Even when I have junk food, I try my hardest to remain under my calories for the day.
    There is such a large mental component to it. I've found that if I tell myself that I can't have something, then I want it more. Instead, I tell myself that I can have a small reward on the weekend if I meet my calorie goals. Then I always factor in what ever my cheat item is before I even eat it so I can see what I am about to have. Sometimes that deters me from having that item.
    Keep working at it! There's no quick fix. Sugar is addictive so our bodies go through withdrawals as we start cutting back our sugar and carb intake.
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    When I shop, 90+% of my foods come from the 3 aisles around the outside....lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, reasonable amount of dairy, meats, and some healthy bread. I just won't buy junk/processed food any more. I cook from scratch, spending 30-60 minutes per night in the kitchen. Cooking does burn calories. If I want a sweet I bake it. Most of the time that stops me from wanting it so badly.