cake blew my whole day

Options

Replies

• EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I had an entire bag of tater tots the other day, but I didn't let it ruin my day. I skipped dinner because I was still full from lunch (I don't recommend skipping meals, but I was so stuffed did would have me sick). Logged it, and moved on with tracking the next day.

It took 37 years to get to my highest weight and one year to get where I am now. That's 37 years of habits, thought patterns, and beliefs to overcome, versus one year of better behavior. Of course it's hard.

Forgive yourself, start over every meal, and keep on going. You can do this.
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Be wary of the all or nothing mentality! I fall into it all the time and it can be so toxic. It's OK to have some cake sometimes. Or even some spaghetti! Just get back into your usual healthier habits the next day. It's all good.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Be wary of the all or nothing mentality! I fall into it all the time and it can be so toxic. It's OK to have some cake sometimes. Or even some spaghetti! Just get back into your usual healthier habits the next day. It's all good.

The next meal*
  • EatingAndKnitting
    Options
    takuwinds wrote: »
    Oh you guys are the best and I mean that. Yes I agree, birthdays are meant to be celebrated and cake is meant to be eaten.

QFT.

Happy belated birthday. I hope the cake was good, and that was very sweet of your office.

• ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    200 calories is a tiny slice of cake... just FYI the average cupcake is 300-400 calories lol.

I was wondering where i could get me some 200 cal cake, would be worth some extra treadmill time
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    not helpful but...Mmmmm cake
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »

The next meal*

That's true. I almost always binge late at night if I do, which is why I think in terms of the next day.
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »

The next meal*

That's true. I almost always binge late at night if I do, which is why I think in terms of the next day.

yeah im a night eater to :p Hard to remember not everyone is at times lol. Even thinking in terms of next mouthful would be beter thn what we both said lol
  • EatingAndKnitting
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    Cake Culture strikes again...

We need a funny button on this site. Because this is funny and like just isn't good enough.

And now that I've contributed *kitten* all to the thread, I'm out.

• sky_northern
    sky_northern Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    200 calories is a tiny slice of cake... just FYI the average cupcake is 300-400 calories lol.

I was wondering where i could get me some 200 cal cake, would be worth some extra treadmill time

I had a 200 cal piece of cake today, it was store bough and not worth it. The higher the calories the tastier the cake, lol.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options

I had a 200 cal piece of cake today, it was store bough and not worth it. The higher the calories the tastier the cake, lol.

Ahhh I only eat the homemade stuff of which a 200cal slice would give me the sads just looking at it

I will admit to shaving off a tiny taste, quality control and all that
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options

I was thinking this as well...400+ calories would be a safer estimate for the cake. I doubt the OP's coworkers would have served her a slice small enough to be 200 cal.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    Goober1142 wrote: »
    If I had eaten the cake I would have stopped at the store on the way home and gotten a pint of Ben and Jerry's and a large bag of Cheetos since I already ruined my day lol

Why? If you smashed your thumb with a hammer would you then smash the rest of your hand because, hey, your hand is already sore?

FB_IMG_1440803945039.jpg?fit=480%2C552&w=640
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Unless you had the whole cake, that piece of cake didn’t blow your whole day.
    OR unless you let that piece of cake turn into a blown-out binge, it didn’t blow your whole day.

Sometimes you just have to say, “Okay. I’m having the stupid piece of cake, then moving on.” Which is exactly what you did, and I say FANTASTIC JOB!!!

Besides - we’re all human and prone to bumps in the road. It’s not “if” it’ll happen but “when”. We’re all going to have things thrown at us we didn’t necessarily expect to have to deal with. Which will take us somewhere we might not have wanted to go. THe trick is how you deal with it. You dealt with it great!!

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Err what the amused monkey says! Plus I would really like to eat at her/her mom's place someday :wink:

My ritual birthday cake is a 3 layer chocolate (90% dark, milk, white) mousse cake with a shiny glaze. Basically copious amounts of chocolate mixed with heavy cream 37% fat and a butter base layer for stability, so you do the math.

Mom doesn't do any low calorie baked goods so you better brace yourself. The higher something is in fat the more likely she is to make it. You would gain weight just by passing by the kitchen when she's baking or making any kind of confectionery. Lucky for her, she can't sit still for more than 5 minutes otherwise she would be obese.
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Rogstar wrote: »
    And yes, yes you can. Tiramisu cheesecake is now my favorite dessert and I think I'm going to make it every time I can. I calculated it to be about 800 calories per slice, after I divided the total into 16.

If you want to make it even more accurate, after you enter the recipe, weigh the finished cheesecake and use that as the # of servings. So say the cheesecake had 12,800 servings.
    Then when you cut a slice, weigh it and log it as "XXX servings. It allows for variations in slice sizes and appetite.

I use this method for soups, stews, meatloaf, etc.