150Cal smoothies??????

Options
I want to start making smoothies at home. I haven't done this before so would appreciate any advice, recipes, tricks, dos and donts. I would like to make them about 150cal each. Thank you to all in advance

Replies

• Tiamaria1010
    Tiamaria1010 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I use the recipes from the 10 day green smoothie cleanse.
  • Tiamaria1010
    Tiamaria1010 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It's hard for me to have a 150 calorie smoothie because my protein powder is 120 calories and flaxseed is 35 calories. I need these supplements to keep me satisfied from meal to meal.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You might need to split a smoothie into 2 servings to keep to 150.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Google that.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Put 150 calories of things that you like into a blender? Not sure about the question. 100 cals of milk/soy milk + 50 cals of frozen strawberries. Ice. Boom.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    1/2 c almond milk (30 cals)
    1/2 scoop protein powder (60 cals)
    1 serving of fruits (50 cals)
    1 handful spinach (5 cals)

blend with ice
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I use Greek yogurt, frozen berries (blueberries freeze very well and are good), sometimes a half of frozen banana, a little almond milk to thin it out and ice. I have added powders in the past for protein and fiber.
  • fabulous1690
    fabulous1690 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipes guys, appreciate them very much
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Almond milk, Greek yogurt, frozen berries, dark chocolate.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    150 is low but do-able if I use plenty of ice and don't add my usual two scoops of protein powder. I can't seem to get mine under 250 without being kind of empty, and unsatisfying or lacking in protein
    Curious to see what other post.
  • jennieskoolaid
    jennieskoolaid Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    One scoop protein powder: 110
    One cup unsweetened almond milk: 35
    One Tbs chia seeds: 40
    One cup frozen strawberries: 70
    Crap, that's 255 calories BUT super delicious!
  • fabulous1690
    Options
    Ive been reading about chia seeds. Does anyone add them to smoothies? And if so do you find they help with fibre needs? And do they aid in feeling full for longer?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I honestly have been wracking my brains to come up with a yummy tasting and decent size/filling smoothie for 150 calories. I got nothin...
  • mystic_elegance
    mystic_elegance Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    -Choose some fruit
    -Choose a base such as water, milk of any kind or tea
    -Choose a thickener such as yogurt, almond butter, oats, chia seeds or even ice
    -Other options to throw in: protein powder, syrup, cinnamon, herbs, matcha, spirulina, honey, vanilla extract, cocoa powder, vitamin powder.
    The key to making any great smoothie meet any calorie quota is to do math and find out how much of each ingredient you can have. My favorite smoothie--- .75 cup strawberries .75 cup mixed berries .33 cup light greek vanilla yogurt 1 Tbls matcha and add water and blend. Calories is about 192 but without my sweetened matcha it sits at just 132 calories. Hope this helps. Good luck

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    My daily protein shake comes in at ~400 cals, so, yeah, I'm probably not going to be much help...
  • jagilmour
    jagilmour Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I use frozen berries, I buy a bag of mixed frozen berries, cheap and last a while.
    I don't like too many calories in my smoothies either.
    I use 1cup berries
    Coconut water (enough to thin it out to blend well)
    And 0% fat Greek yoghurt about 150g (could use less depending of macros/cals)
    Comes in at around 170cals depending on exact amounts.
  • fabulous1690
    Options
    Thank you all who have given recipes. I appreciate it very much.

And to those whose smoothies come to more than 150cal I would still appreciate your recipes, I can add/remove items to suit me.