Gain weight

Options
Hey everyone can anyone tell me how to gain weight fast and healthy way. Thanks :)

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Eat in a calorie surplus. You don't want to gain weight too fast...going too fast will put on mostly fat. Eat a small surplus and go lift heavy things...ideally you'd want to run an established program.
  • joshiripal628
    joshiripal628 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you even if I gain 1 pound in one week I will be happy. I have been trying for long time and never stay in routine so but now I am serious and want to gain weight.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
  • joshiripal628
    Options
    Thank you
  • ent3rsandman
    ent3rsandman Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't have calories, it's not gonna make you gain weight. That being said, track your calories using the site you're on right now and do a full-body beginner program. I recommend looking up Ice Cream Fitness 5x5 and doing it 3x a week. Try to hit your calorie goals and your protein goals (which should be .8g per pound of lean body mass minimum. You can do .8g per pound of bodyweight if that's easier, as most do).

Also, shakes are your friend. You can make them as simple or as complicated as you want, but the staples are usually:
    • Raw rolled/old-fashioned oats (they're the same thing)
    • Peanut butter
    • Protein powder of your choice
    • Fruit
    • Whole milk

At the end of the day, you will gain weight just by eating as many calories as MyFitnessPal tells you to. That weight gained will be fat if you don't lift consistently (again, try for 3x a week every week. If you're short on time, we can recommend shorter programs) and get enough protein. That's okay for some people; it all just depends on your goals.
  • joshiripal628
    Options
    Hey thanks for u reply but what u mean by ice cream fitness ??
  • ent3rsandman
    ent3rsandman Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks for u reply but what u mean by ice cream fitness ??

No prob! Ice Cream Fitness is just the name of the weightlifting program. It's a modified version of an earlier, vastly popular newbie program that has since become a little outdated. Thus, Ice Cream Fitness was created!

Here's a link to an overview of it: https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/jason-blaha-ice-cream-fitness-5x5-novice-workout

You don't have to immediately switch off of it after 12 weeks; just do it until you plateau on most of your main lifts (i.e. bench, squat, deadlift, overhead/military press, and rows) and then you can look into a more intermediate program.
  • Chrisa0194
    Chrisa0194 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I ran ice cream fitness for a few months and loved it, all I added was Deadlifts to 5x5 instead of 1x5.
  • Chrisa0194
    Chrisa0194 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Lift consistently even when you don't want to, you'll be noticing good changes within a few months.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Sweet potatoes brown rice stay away from white rice. Take nutrition shakes get all those vitamins in add 2 of these a day more but eat early not 3 hours before bed

There isn't any significant difference between white and brown rice or white and sweet potatoes. Eat whichever you prefer. No need drink nutritional shakes to get all those vitamins in. Meal timing doesn't matter. Eating before bed is ok unless it causes sleep issues.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Sweet potatoes brown rice stay away from white rice. Take nutrition shakes get all those vitamins in add 2 of these a day more but eat early not 3 hours before bed

I eat white rice twice a day, eat straight before
    Bed and even have a snack in the middle of the
    Night. I can gain and lose prefects fine.
  • DisciplinedDoc
    DisciplinedDoc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    1lb per week is a good goal. Don't over do it with junk food or you'll be gaining fat, not muscle. Count everything you eat, measure your TDEE, and make sure you are a couple hundred cals over that. You'll put on weight.
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options

No, just no...
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    1lb per week is a good goal. Don't over do it with junk food or you'll be gaining fat, not muscle. Count everything you eat, measure your TDEE, and make sure you are a couple hundred cals over that. You'll put on weight.

- 1lb a week is too fast, even for a noob.
    - What you eat doesn't determine fat/muscle gain, calories do.