Anyone 150 trying to go to 120?

Options

Replies

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,786 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Im 5'6.5 and 159lbs, looking to lose 20-25lbs. I started at 172, feel free to add me. I have lost the weight before but gained it all back in my last pregnancy
  • brinamae2117
    brinamae2117 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!!! I would love to be 115 again but I'm not sure my body would let me! I'm so happy youre seeing results! Can't wait to see my own!
  • jessbusse12
    jessbusse12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and started at 169lbs but I'm down to 161lbs in about a month and a half. I would love to get down to 135 range. I had a terrible summer of not working out, eating anything I wanted and drinking a lot as I was moving away for grad school in August. I've always maintained between 148-155lb but just really let everything get away from me. I've been doing really well since coming to school, working out 4-5 times a week and eating well, I still struggle with eating well on the weekends though! Would love to add any of you to help stay motivated!!
  • groovingroomer
    groovingroomer Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm 5'3". 150lbs. Would be happy to lose 15-20 lbs. I also drank too much alcohol and beer over the summer. Wine all other seasons. Lol. Need to get a handle on all of that and watch my snacks. This site has always worked for me if I stick to journaling all my food. Same as weight watchers used to work awesome for me. I'm now 54 and the weight doesn't come off as fast and my belly fat has me disgusted. I'm going to work hard and stay positive!! Let's motivate each other. Add me if you like!
  • Pamshebamm181
    Pamshebamm181 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'4 and currently about 142 but I've been as high as about 175. Looking to get down to 125 or so. Feel free to add me!
  • rosalie115
    rosalie115 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Need all the help I can get!!!! I'm 5-2 and currently 160 (big yikes!) My goal is 120.
  • TheLaser
    TheLaser Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I started at around 150 (postpartum) and am now hovering between 123-125 -can't seem to hit 120! 5'51/2". Happy to share some ideas. You can also read my blog where I posted a lot of strategies in the beginning.
  • beachbodycoach15
    Options
    Yes! I'm 155 trying to get to 135! Please add me
  • Nhoff70
    Nhoff70 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I started at 178, now down to 171, trying to hit 130-135 by next July (my birthday). Feel free to add me, I dream about being fit and svelte again, I know we can do this!!
  • JamieMommy1985
    JamieMommy1985 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Im 5'8 and currently 150. I got down to around 130ish about 2 years ago but slowly put it all back on and am here and motivated to do it all again and this time keep it off. Sounds like we are all ready to do this! Feel free to add me. Thanks ladies! :)
  • sdolan91
    sdolan91 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 5'4 and 162. I'm trying to get down to 120 too. Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • cmvanzalinge
    cmvanzalinge Posts: 9 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hello,I am on the same journey as you 5'3 weighing 145 but started at 155. I started my journey about a year ago and have gained a little lost a little. Have been getting discouraged but trying to continue. Just moved my fitness tracking from my fit bit as I got a new tracker. Hoping to find some connections to support each other.
  • hjeppley
    hjeppley Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Yes! Alcohol, beer specifically, seems to be a big issue with me. I need to just focus and remember what I'm going for in the long run. I keep saying 30 days.. stick with it hard for 30 days.. and I feel like if I see reasonable results ill be more motivated to keep up.

I'm the same way! I was never a big drinker but since I've taken a liking to craft beers I've been really heartily sipping on those empty calories. It's a struggle, haha.

This. My husband and I love craft beers and good wine. I was at 157, now at 137 after 2.5 months, aiming for 125 maybe. I am 48 and 5'6". For me it took completely cutting out alcohol, sugar, and most carbs for a month to kickstart. It was much easier to say "never" than "just one" or "just weekends" which I've tried before. Now I am slowly relaxing (back to one drink on the weekend and adding back in more healthy carbs) and continuing to stay on a downward trend. I do miss my IPAs though :).
  • jvos8869
    jvos8869 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5'5" 175 lbs. I would like to get down to 150. Losing 25 lbs would be perfect. My goal is to get my first 30 days!
  • DapperDassie
    DapperDassie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I"m 5'6 and I started at 215 and am currently 163 (or less, weigh in is tomorrow) and my goal is 125. You can add me!
  • doodleinfl
    doodleinfl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new I'm 150 trying for 129 I just joined a gym and I do a cladd called body abbs using 3 pound weights.
  • CrystalConsults
    CrystalConsults Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm 5'5" on Aug 1st I was 148. Started MFP about 7 weeks ago. Now 136, going for about 125. My scale measures fat %, and it's 25.5% today. Going for 22% and will reassess then. :smiley:
    I'm thinking that may be about 125 or so.
    Feel free to add me as a friend!
    BTW OP, since you asked for any tips, ideas, I eat 1500 cals a day, usually a bit less. I am a volume eater, and will eat a ton of veg and fruits. I absolutely weigh everything with a scale, and measure almond milk with a measuring cup.
    Was surprised at how many dang calories everything I love has! I had gotten way off with portion control, no wonder I'd gained!
    Used to do a big-*kitten* marg every Saturday on date night. Have only had one since starting MFP. It's so NOT worth the calories for my taste, because I'd rather eat calories than drink them.
    For exercise I do LOTS of weights, as that reshapes my body more than cardio. Weights about 5 days a week. Cardio about 2-3. I chose to not eat back exercise calories, as weights don't burn that much! ;-)
    One last thing, I always have an easier day when I've gotten 7 to 8 hours sleep. Impossible for some people, I get it, but it's made a HUGE difference for me.
    Good luck all!
  • steffer20
    steffer20 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 140 lbs.... My heaviest was 147 :o! I used to be around 120-125, so I really want to go back down there again! Yes feel free to add me we can support each other, I just restarted my diet 3 days ago.... I been going on and off
  • maura_tasi
    maura_tasi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    This is me!! I'm currently 148lbs (as of this morning woohoo!) but my goal is around 120-125lbs. I'm 5'5 and have always had a smaller frame so let me tell you, 150lbs is not a good look on me ugh
  • adavanessa25
    adavanessa25 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im 5'3 and I started at 161lbs and I am now at 150. Goal is 130 for now. Honestly when I stopped calling it a diet and instead a life style change it became mentally easier. I work out at least 3 to 4 days a week. I also picked one meat group that everytime I ate , was part of an awfully meal. So in my case it was pork. By no means will I be vegetarian, but I have slowly Incorporated a few vegetarian meals a week, carefully making sure that meal is still high in protein and nutritious enough without eating soy or tofu.
    You can do this. Slow change goes a long way