Daily Calories

Options
How many do you eat a day?
I'm at 1,200 and thinking about upping it to 1,500.
1,200 isn't hard for me to stay under but I don't want to put my body in "starvation" mode.
Losing muscle and not fat is a HUGE concern of mine.
Thoughts?

Replies

• bethannhartley
    Options
    I like to be at about 1200 too but I don't know what I"m doing half the time! LOL! I was at about 1400 and working out 3-4 times a week but gaining weight...so just dropped it down to 1200 this week. I had pretty good luck about a year ago w/ 1200 and felt okay w/ that for about 3 months. I did drop some weight then so hoping I can drop a few more lbs with the 1200 count again. But, yeah, I'm concerned about the 'starvation mode' even though I don't feel like I'm starving myself, y aknow? I feel full and healthy so I don't know.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I don't do well on the 1200, so I exercise and eat all my extra calories earned from that.

Honestly, at 1270, it doesn't give me much wiggle room. If I go under 1200, it tells me I'm going to starve. If I go over 1270, it puts a giant number in red and doesn't tell all my friends that I ate less than my goal for the day.

It's annoying.
  • becalee26
    becalee26 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I am set at 1200 bur try to eat most of my excercise cals back. although, I've been gaining this past week. I dunno, I keep stressing myself out on whether or not I am doing it right!
  • McMamma38
    Options
    My aim is 1,200 calories a day.