Questions... JM 30 Day Shred

Options
Tonight was my first night to do the JM 30 Day Shred.
1.) What do you count it as under the exercise journal?
( I only did level 1) and it nearly kicked the crap out of me!!! :cry:
2.) Is anyone else doing this? How are you doing, are you seeing results?
3.) Are you doing level 1 one week and then bumping it up?

Anything else you can think of right now, that I didnt ask please comment... I may have to ask later other...
Am I making any sense???? Sometimes I confuse myself :laugh:

Thanks Ya'll!!!

Replies

• hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I have a HR monitor, so I know what I'm burning, but I hear some people use "Circuit Training" as an estimate.

I do it when I'm bored, but I'm not a fan.

You're supposed to do each level for ten days.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    1-circuit training
    2-I have started and stopped this DVD like 3 times. The first time, I did it for 6 days and lost 3lb and 6inches. I restarted last week, determined to finish!
    3-You're supposed to do each level for 10 days, or whenever you feel you can progress
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I started it today as well.. you list as circuit training.. I did it before and I could tell in my arms and tummy... it does kick butt.. but so worth it!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I would use circuit training. . or high impact aerobics. . I have an HRM now so that is what I am going to be using.. I too and starting the shred today. .. .
  • boringdanielle
    boringdanielle Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I log it as circuit training. I have been doing it for 11 days now I just started level 2. The first 10 days I lost no weight but lost 2 inches off of hips and waist. Make sure you measure before you get started, you will really see results with inches. It nearly killed me also although at the end of 10 days I really felt the growth. I still can't do pushups but oh well. Level 2 is kicking my butt now!!
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I list it as circuit training. I started today and it kicked my tush too! At 6 minutes I wanted to cry. I didn't think I was going to make it! I'll tell you though, I've never soaked a shirt the way I did today!
  • mathlete99
    mathlete99 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I just finished 30 days, yeah! I used a heart rate monitor to determine calories. Before I had one I logged it as circuit training. The MFP estimates were high for me though. Level 1 Day 1 I was sure I was going to die, but I didn't so I kept on going :) By the end my endurance improved so much. I lost 8 pounds and 13 inches-I was very pleased with the results. I think I am older than you, so if I did it, you can too!
  • Ahendon824
    Ahendon824 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It's 30 DAYS!!!!!!!!!! Not all 3 levels in 10 days. Your body can't handle that! You start with level one for 10 day, then level 2 for 10 and so on. Don't over do it! It's a great routine and it works wonders. It's considered a circut training workout. Each level is about 23-25 minutes long! Hope that's helpful! Good luck!
  • thenewkarisa
    Options
    count as circuit training... I had to quit because I'm having a lot of pain in my feet.... you do each level for 10 days (30 day shred) some people go longer if they need more time to be able to do it all at once instead of pausing the video. after the 30DS, many people do her other exercise routines or some people do both level 2 and 3 after that.
  • CrazyAdventure
    CrazyAdventure Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Yeah that Jillian is crazy! I had started it a while back and use it whenever I need to do strength training. I've only gotten to level 2 tho because I thought I wanted to die afterwards lol. It definitely burns high calories within 20 minutes and I've lost quite a bit while doing it, but I also do a lot of extra cardio as well. I've always listed it as circuit training as well, but I think it might be a little too high (not by much though).

Good luck! You'll do great if you stick to it!
  • tkirkes
    tkirkes Posts: 121
    Options
    Thank You all for the very helpful information!!!
  • shiransom
    shiransom Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I now have a heart rate monitor, but when I first started it, I listed it as circuit training. Just an FYI- listing it as circuit training gave me more calories burned than I was actually burning. You might want to keep that in mind as you're counting your food calories.
  • fultzjaf
    fultzjaf Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I just started today too, and it was so hard for me to do. I hope I can finish and actually do all of the workouts staright through. Today I had to stop a few times cuz it was killin me....but I wanna do better and progress more. Hoping that I will lose inches and lbs both! Good luck, feel free to add me for support.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I completed it last week....28 days only...I hated level 2 so much I only did 8 days of it! Took 3 days off at random in between....went camping. I only lost 5lbs but lost 24 inches and 1 whole size!! Not sure I will do it again but it was a great push!
  • bell33usx2
    bell33usx2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I started this today too. I was sooooo glad to get through it. I was weak most of the day but WOW how powerful the feeling to have accomplished something so hard. Now here's to being able to walk tomorrow. :bigsmile: