Hypothyroid friends needed

Options
ReKimberly
ReKimberly Posts: 12 Member
edited September 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hi! I was diagnosed this past spring with hypothyroidism, I had had this condition for 11 years before being properly tested and diagnosed.
I’m looking for other hypothyroid/Hashi’s warriors who are active, add me if you wish!

Replies

• carment1978
    carment1978 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello Kimberly,

I too have hypothyroid. I was diganosed almost 2 yrs ago.
  • ReKimberly
    Options
    I send a friend request, hope that’s alright!
  • bwestdevore37
    bwestdevore37 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've had hypothyroidism for the last 10 years. Off and on different meds.
  • chioreo
    chioreo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi! I also have hypothyroidism, managed through medication since 2001. Feel free to add me.
  • Thick_n_Fit_Mom
    Thick_n_Fit_Mom Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have Hashimotos. Been regulated for over 12 years, anyone feel free to add me!
  • ReKimberly
    Options
    I’ve sent requests to everyone who commented. Thanks everyone! Glad to have new friends to help keep motivation up!
  • lyn_2013
    lyn_2013 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have had hypothyroidism for 8 yrs now. Feel free to add me!
  • ReKimberly
    Options
    I send a request!
  • Asanchgo
    Asanchgo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just found out I have Hashimoto. They are still trying to regulate my levithyroxine dosage. Gained 50 lbs in 3 months. I went from size 4 to 10 and feel defeated.
  • Weswoop
    Weswoop Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I have Hashis and have only joined back on mfp so could do with a few friends and moral support. I've gained 4 stones and can't seem to do it alone so back to mfp. I'm currently taking natures thyroid so watching what I'm eating should work this time.. feel free to add me.
  • tsbelin
    tsbelin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have hasimoto too, as well as other autoimmune diseases. Was diagnosed 16 years ago. Been regulating with synthroid. Trying to gain muscle and lose weight
  • barbiedol46
    barbiedol46 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I also have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, I have been on Levothyroxine and Armour Thyroid to keep it under control. I am prediabetic so my doctor gave me 3 months to get my weight down and hopefully blood sugar improves.
  • trishapatrisha
    trishapatrisha Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone !! I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism six months ago .... gained 27 pounds in a little under a year ... don't quite understand it yet, but I'm trying !!
  • ReKimberly
    Options
    So glad to make friends with people who understand how difficult having thyroid problems can make healthy living. I’ve sent requests to everyone.
  • Nurturegirl
    Nurturegirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hello I have hypothyroidism and take levothyroxine. The weight goes on easily and I need to be rigid with calorie control to lose!
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Hello Kimberly, I am also hypothroid. I have been on MFP for 2 years and have lost 100 pounds from my all time high (pre MFP). Just wanted to encourage you that it can be done.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    I'm also hypo, been on meds since I was 10-12.
  • katiemonroe815
    katiemonroe815 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hypo here! Medicated for a little over a year! Probably should have been diagnosed long ago. I lost 30 lbs before I found out but it took me nearly a year. Anyone take thyroid support along with Levo? Looking for anything to help.