Are Billy Blanks Tae Bo dvd's any good?

Options
4tolose
4tolose Posts: 65 Member
I am thinking of buying Billy Blanks TaeBo: The Ultimate Collection which includes four dvd's Tae-Bo - Abs And Glutes, Tae-Bo Active, Get Ripped and Tae-Bo Energise.

Has anyone used these and are they any good?

Replies

• NewFitKeri
    NewFitKeri Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    absolutely! His mixture of cardio, martial arts and kick boxing is great! He is encouraging and in a way that you don't want to choke him lol. We did a quick one the other night just to revive us cos we were feeling heavy and it was so much fun! His entire program is enjoyable and if you go into it with the mindset "I'm going to have fun" that is exactly what you'll do!
  • change_happens
    Options
    yes they are! i have used them for years! my favorite are the old school dvd's, but his newer vids will have you screaming for him to stop! he is an animal! and you get a good calorie burn. try rocking abs and rocking buns... you won't be able to rise out of the bed the next day.... :) oh what a feelin'! :)
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Yes! Get them! I haven't done any of his new ones (the ones I had were still on videotape!) You get a great workout, he's incredibly motivating, and it's really fun. You get pushed, but in a good way!
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    been wondering this myself!! thanks for the info :bigsmile:
  • 4tolose
    Options
    Thanks I am going to click buy on amazon now. Btw they are pretty damn cheap on there for anyone else interested!
  • slcase
    slcase Posts: 17
    Options
    YES! I have Tae Bo Bootcamp. Really gets you working out hard but it's actually really fun.
  • FitFabChic
    Options
    Hey Chica...I'm not sure about Billy Blanks dvd's...but...I do know about Jillian Michaels from BIggest Loser! Her dvds definitely create the RESULTS you are looking for and she is very INSPIRATIONAL!! I highly recommend her, the dvd I started off with is 30 Day Shred.....I lost about 20 to 25 lbs off this one dvd. She has 6 different dvd's I believe. If you want to try it out for free, go through your CABLE TV "free on demand" station...it will provide various workouts from all types of trainers. It should be under Health and Fitness!! I hope this helps... :0)
  • 4tolose
    Options
    thanks for the tip...now i've ordered Billy Blank I will stick with his for a while but might give Jillian's a go later on
  • FitFabChic
    Options
    Let me know how his dvd's are...I'm always looking for new workouts! I was thinking about purchasing the Zumba collection....
  • pumpkinmoccasin
    Options
    I love Billy Blanks. It helps that I find him hilarious because his workouts are pretty tough! He'll kick your butt and take himself super seriously (but you can't take him seriously with those shorts with the darts cut out to flaunt his super ripped thighs, omg :laugh: )
  • joyfulthanks
    Options
    I find Billy Blanks' cuing to be a little hard to anticipate, but his workouts are high-energy and fun. Not the best for muscle development, but if you just want to get some good cardio in, they're a good, fun way to do it.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    We did these for gym class in high school all the time. I loved them.
  • Denziee
    Denziee Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    i have just bought the ultimate collection and am trying it out tonight! excited much!?! x
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you like. I had them back when they first came out and they are very good workouts. But I didn't find them very fun and didn't stick with it.