Wedding weight loss

Options
Are there any brides out there trying to battle the bulge? Im 16.5st and wanting to lose weight for my big day.. summer next year. Please be kind! Nobody is harder on me than I am! Any support would be great! My diets usually last 2.5 weeks! I lose a fair amount but also my motivation!! I have my first dress fitting in January!!

Replies

• mumbles2013
    mumbles2013 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm not a bride to be but you can add me. I was 16st exactly March 2016 and I'm 11st13lbs now. It has been slow going but that's because I'm the queen of self sabotage!!! I'm finally back on it seriously today because I've been this weight for ages.
  • emmiemoore838
    emmiemoore838 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well done you! :D Thank you! 12st is my dream! That was my ultimate weight! I got back down to 12st and put it all back on again :( I'm feeling the pressure with the time ticking now!
  • mumbles2013
    mumbles2013 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    You mustn't though. Just make the healthier choice for yourself at each meal and count all the calories correctly and you'll be fine. In the next 3 months you can easily lose 1st7lbs.
  • emmiemoore838
    emmiemoore838 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It's now or never
  • kmbmoutswi
    kmbmoutswi Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi , congratulations on the big day.. please add me, im also a bride to be with the aim of looking good for my big day too..in 3 months or so
  • Meghanebk
    Meghanebk Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the wedding!

You have plenty of time! If I were you I wouldn't try to set an arbitrary weight goal or lose too fast. Weddings are stressful enough, you don't want to go into one in bad health from crash dieting. Plus you don't want to pay to have a dress resized either way right before the wedding.

I'm sure you'd rather be a fit and happy 15 stone or whatever for your wedding than a tired and stressed 13.5. Slow and steady will give you more permanent results.

Set up your account here, set it for 1-2 pounds per week and you may want to work on your fitness as well as tracking your calories. Walking is a great way to reduce stress for me!