Fell off the wagon...

Options
So I started using this back in 2016 and I started at 200 lbs. I got down to 130 lbs and stopped tracking because I was maintaining the weight. Well recently I have been under a lot of stress and I have fallen off the wagon. I gained back 20 lbs. I need someone to help keep me accountable for what I eat. My biggest problem is where I work we sell big cookies that are 570 calories and sometimes I get hungry and I eat it because it is convenient... I new help!

Replies

• Nbaker0909
    Nbaker0909 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm also working on maintenance. I gained back some weight on my honeymoon and right now I'm working on losing that again. We can keep each other accountable!
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,477 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss. I'm a long time maintainer, 11 yrs. I lost my last 40lbs on WW. I continued tracking for 5 yrs. Twice since I've gone back to tracking when I started gaining weight. Tracking has worked every time I tried it.

I'm telling you my story to illustrate that this doesn't end. I think I've finally figured out how to maintain without tracking. But my food scale is still on the counter and gets daily use.

There is no wagon. If you want accountability, track. If you really do it, it will work. When you get to goal keep tracking. If WW hadn't introduced a new program I might not have quit.

Yesterday I got into a FB discussion with a WW friend and said this about cookies-

"But then there's the cookie. I spent considerable time trying to think of why the cookie is as unappealing as the donut. Couldn't do it. In word association, my brain says, cookie- Grandma. How can I get a negative out of that?

Also, a cookie can be 3-5 points. Maybe less. So a cookie can be worked in. But my problem is "a cookie" is as much a fantasy as "a potato chip". It doesn't exist. I eat cookies here and there, but mostly avoid them. Cookies are a thing apart in WL."

But you have the big cookie. Afraid the only real answer to the big cookie is just say no. But if you track you might be able to work in a small cookie if absolutely necessary.

And we all get hungry, make a better choice.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    There is no wagon. A good diet and exercise routine should make you feel so good that you want to continue no matter what, and be flexible to adapt to new circumstances. You need only to be accountable to yourself. Be honest. You don't eat cookies because they are convenient and you are hungry - you can pack a healthy lunch and eat that - you eat cookies because they are big and delicious. You may even want the cookies even more because you deem them "naughty" or "sinful" or similar? 570 calories is the equivalent of a dinner, and will not do the same for your hunger, but cookies aren't evil. I would guess many of your colleagues are in the same dilemma. Could you schedule to split a cookie with someone?