Finally ready (need friends to help each other out)

Options
Hi, my name is Lacy I’m in my mid twenties. I am a single mom to a four year old. Let me tell you I am not new to diets. I have been on and off then for 10 years. But I am new to changing my life to become a healthier me. Let me tell you a little about myself and my history. I have struggled with body image issues since I was 8 years old. I have also struggled with eating disorders (Binge eating and totally restriction). I have also struggled with depression and anxiety since I was 10 which is part of my eating disorders. I have had an unhealthy relationship with food for the past 16 years. I am finally mentally healthy enough that I can work on my physical health. I was an athlete from the time I was 10 until I was 21. ( I played softball year around) at the age of 16 I tore my acl and had to have knee surgery. That’s when I started to put on the weight. It’s been an uphill battle from there.... I started my journey about a week ago. The unhealthy thoughts are a constant struggle but I’m determined to keep them at bay. (Having to be perfect in my lifestyle(( keep within my calorie “limits” and exercise everyday)).) it would be amazing to find people on here to keep me accountable and motivated and of course I would do so as well in return.

Replies

• arkiegoddess
    arkiegoddess Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just re-joined after a long break. I understand unhealthy relationships with food and anxiety! One of the reasons I've been working on dietary changes is to help curb the anxiety. I've gained a lot weight the last couple of years. I call it my "survival weight!" But I'm ready to let it go now! I'm happy to be an encouragement and accountability buddy!
  • mumbles2013
    mumbles2013 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to motivate you. Add me please xx
  • kmbmoutswi
    kmbmoutswi Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Me too, please add me guys. I can't seem to be able to add people but need to have new friends for motivation
  • Nhoff70
    Nhoff70 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Happy to have friends, the more the merrier! Feel free to add me Lucy!