Looking for Friends and Accountability

Options
Hey Everyone

Ok... This time I'm serious! I'm sure we have said that to ourselves many of times
Well I'll be pushing 200lbs if I don't take control of my eating. Did the Keto .. did nothing for me. So I will go back to counting calories, the traditional way of losing my weight.
I'm looking for friendship for support and accountability

Replies

• unfilterednate
    unfilterednate Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I'm all about seeing others meet their goals and enrich their life.. I'm tough on those that say they have goals because once they have projected those thoughts as goals.. I know they would be happier meeting them.

That said, stay true to yourself each day, follow and believe in the process your following. Don't ever give in and believe in your own power.

Welcome :)
  • jameslaw33
    jameslaw33 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have been counting calories for a while and although my numbers don't show much change I can tell in the mirror and in my clothes. I too am looking for someone to help keep me motivated and help me hold myself accountable for my actions.
  • shimmer_glo
    shimmer_glo Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I started losing at 216 and lost 48 lb, then stopped counting and gained some back! I'm back on track losing, have lost almost everything I gained back, and am aiming for 40 more pounds. I'll send you a friends request. :)
  • meejees
    meejees Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I've been on MFP since 2012, before I had my second son I lost 32 lbs using the MFP app..I felt fantastic! But then in 2013 when I had my son it's been so hard to stay motivated to keep tracking....maybe it's the exhaustion of being a mom to 2 young boys...maybe it's this or that ...excuses excuses. Saw my doctor the other day and she said I have high cholesterol...I freaked out....I'm only in my late 30s how can this be happening to me now, I don't eat THAT BAD...or do I?! But anyways that appointment put a fire under my butt to kick this lifestyle change into high gear, and I am committed this time!!! I need to do this for myself and my family! I've never used the community forum portion of this app but thought I'd give it a go to have some more accountability. Send a friend request and I'll be there with you every every step of the way...let's do this!
  • faraday75
    faraday75 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes! I need to start again! And this time I intend not to finish! I have to break these bad habits, not just for me, but for my 3 little boys who I want to be fit and healthy. I always feel like a failure - I am 41 and I need to lose over 20kg to get back into the healthy weight range. My bad habit is sugar and snacking. But you're so right - accountability and support is important! Let's do this!
  • ajmc87
    ajmc87 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I need to begin expanding my support circle as well. Will send a friend request.
    I've lost 75 lbs so far, with 35 left to lose. Been overweight all my life and have overcome a ton of internal struggles and psychological/emotional barriers. You can do it! :)
  • Selmarz5
    Selmarz5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    After having my three babies, emergency back surgery and getting sick after surgery and being diagnosed with different autoimmune conditions. I'm on a mission of health, healing and weight loss. I've got nearly 40kg's