Salutations! I could use to give/take some support. :P

Options
Ashonym
Ashonym Posts: 172 Member
Hiya there! I am a 22 year old girl and mommy to a 3 year old girl. Growing up I was always chubby but at 17 I dropped and stayed at 126 lbs. I was 5'4" at the time. After pregnancy, childbirth, and food addiction afterwards, I am 187 lbs now. I am 5'5". My goal is 130 lbs again, back to my size 10/12 jeans. I cannot believe I thought I was hefty back then! Haha. But anyways, I'm two days in as of tonight and doing well so far. But the hunger pangs by evening are atrocious. I would love to meet anyone near my age to team up with as moral support. :)

Sadly my only way of checking my weight is through a .50 machine at the mall, and I'm literally down to my last dollar. So I fear losing motivation by not seeing results.

Thanks for reading and have a great night/day/whatever! ;D Friend me if you'd like. :)

Replies

• whitejessamine
    Options
    It doesn't take a scale to see results. Measure yourself. If you don't own a tape measure, use a piece of non-stretchy string and mark your current waist and hips. In a couple weeks, try again, and see the space between the mark and where it's moved to. Also, pay attention to how you feel and how your clothes fit. Good luck!
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

About the scale, you can get cheap ones (or just go to the store and use em really quick to check without purchase! haha). Also, you don't have to necessarily weigh frequently. I don't. My opinion is that weight isn't really a good thing to go by because it can vary so much. Instead, if you are strapped for cash, do some measurements and use that. And if you really want to weigh, maybe you could just do it once a month as a check in, until you can afford a scale.
  • theygowild
    Options
    Welcome!
    Don't worry about weighing yourself. Use a tape measure (you can even print one out online!) every few weeks. I know that I am guily of weighing myself too often (like every other day haha) and I get discouraged when I don't see results.
    Feel free to add me :)
  • Ashonym
    Ashonym Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. :) Those are some really good ideas. I might have enough to invest in a scale in a few weeks, so I intend to just weigh in once or twice between now and then. Its gonna be a long journey but I like to see it as fun. Waking up knowing I'm gonna be using the iPod app makes me want to work out ten times more! XD