temptations

Options
hey guys! i was just curious on how you guys avoid temptations. for example when your grandma bakess her amazing cheesecake , how do you not go back for seconds or take a huge slice? or when you're bored at night, how do you not go grab a snack when your watching tv? thanks!

Replies

• Krae79
    Krae79 Posts: 49
    Options
    I picture whatever it is attached to my butt :laugh:
  • fine4now
    fine4now Posts: 84
    Options

Good one, hadnt thought of it like that. lol!
  • Jennical
    Jennical Posts: 219 Member
    Options

LOL..I'll have to remember this one.....lol
  • wbutterfras
    Options
    Here's what helps me:
    1. Before going for the cheese cake, fill up a little on something healthy. Celery, Salad, water, tea, etc. Then eat the cheese cake in tiny bites and chew them longer. That way, you can really enjoy the flavor.

2. knowing that I have to write down every single thing I put in my mouth usually keeps me from too much extracurricular snacking.

3. Think about how much exercise it takes to burn it off. I know that might put a negative spin on exercise, but it helps me.
  • CaroseH
    CaroseH Posts: 72
    Options
    bump! Could definitely benefit from some temptation resisting advice!
  • angelazurcher
    Options
    I picture whatever food it is covered in something DISGUSTING.
    Like dirt/worms/etc....
    Makes it seem a lot less appetizing! Haha
  • blowmeaway
    Options
    I drink a BIG glass...like 16 oz of cold water and have a bite or 2...then try to imagine working it off (while it's attached to my butt!! LOL!)
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I try, keyword TRY, to let myself have a small piece and enjoy it as much as I can. I think of me having to log it, how bad I'll feel after, and it keeps me going! :)
  • CavewomanCoby
    CavewomanCoby Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Firstly, I think about the extra pounds it's adding to my already fat *kitten*. Second, I think about the hours of torture I am going to have to put myself through to stop that from happening.

I'm not gonna lie, it doesn't ALWAYS work....but it sure helps :D
  • skinnylittlestylist
    Options
    Hey, for me... brushing my teeth really helped a lot. It was a tip I picked up from shape magazine. I also brush after each meal....just does something for s satiety in general I suppose....in a pinch some sugar-free gum or mouth wash works well too! Good luck!
  • FitCoachJen
    FitCoachJen Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    It's easier for me to avoid it completely than to practice moderation. A slice of cheesecake has at least 250 calories! I'll typically feign satiety to say no to unwanted desserts or promise to taste it later (they'll typically forget after everyone else has eaten).

If I know I'm going out and I'll want to eat it I'll make sure to work out during the day so I can eat guilt free. Think about how hard you'll have to work to burn off the calories...30 minutes of cardio or 60 minutes of strength training to burn of one slice!
  • CaroseH
    CaroseH Posts: 72
    Options
    i've tried picturing tons of people touching it/sneezing on it (this works better when it's somewhere in public, not necessarily for those cookies you made yourself :)
  • alihaus19
    Options
    Thanks for the advice guys! (: :smile: keep up the good work!