Pre workouts with no insomnia

Options
Can anyone recommend a pre workout that won’t give me insomnia? I get out of work at 3pm to workout and sleep around 10pm.

Replies

• Buffysupreme
    Buffysupreme Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't take preworkout and therefore can't give any personal recommendations, though I can say that you might be hard-pressed to find a preworkout that doesn't interfere with your sleep, unless you consume it at an earlier time. Caffeine (and sometimes other added stimulants) is what gives the kick of preworkout, with some brands containing up to 400mg per serving (almost 4 cups of coffee). I've seen preworkouts with as little as 60mg, though that being said, any caffeine could still have an effect for up to ~6 hours after consumption.
  • ginacc87
    ginacc87 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I figured so. I am doing some google research and trying to see which is best for me. I guess I’ll look for the lowest mg.
  • Alldaygainz
    Alldaygainz Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Don't exist. The ones that claim they can be taken close to bedtime are mostly scams. Been looking for the past 3 years. You rather have a banana and 3 egg whites or a espresso shot.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    That's one reason I don't even consider them. They all have some kind of "energizier" in them and I'm very sensitive to such things. Can't tolerate even one cup of caffeinated coffee!
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Water.