Looking for similar ladies for motivation

Options
I'm a thirty odd year old mum to two, one of which is a teenage pain in the backside!

I work full time, have a home full of pets and a rather unsupportive partner who happily buys me large bags of haribos and crisps.

I'm not a workout kind of person, I walk quite a bit with the dogs but that's about it. I've tried several types of workout and just don't stick to any.

I've just had a friend clean up which sounds mean but they hadn't logged in for 2 and 3 months. Seeing friends posts and giving receiving responses is what keeps me going so this is important to me.

I have around 3 stones to lose and my biggest downfall is snacking after dinner. Mostly through boredom if I'm honest! I can be on track all day without a problem then evening binge appears.

I log in daily usually several times a day so I'm around for support and motivation.

Any takers?

Replies

• mumbles2013
    mumbles2013 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    You can add me hun. I've lost 4st now but I've been at the same weight for a while now because I stopped bothering with all this so just started up again today. Still have 3st to go!!!
  • shadowbaby4
    shadowbaby4 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Evening snacks are my downfall, too! I try to keep fresh veggies in the house for easy snacks, keep my hands busy with crochet or cleaning, and budget my daytime calories to allow for a treat later on. It doesn't always work, but I just log it and move on. Even going over my calorie goal more often than not, I've still lost 15 lbs and almost reached my goal. It's just taking longer.
  • MysticalT
    MysticalT Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies :)
  • leighsnow
    leighsnow Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Come on aboard Hun! I recently hunted down a few new friends as I enjoy the contact for motivation, it makes it fun. I fell off for a while and most of my pals have too so I would love to have you as new friend.
  • blessed2336
    blessed2336 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me too! I am addicted to sugar! Ice cream, cookies, you name it. I try not to buy them but then I do and have too many! i am not a big veggie eater either. You are not alone! I am in for a group that will motivate and help each other!
  • Christinabenge
    Christinabenge Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Feel free to add me :D - I stuck to it over a year then dropped off for awhile over the summer :/ - gained 15lbs back UGH. Back at it again to get hopefully further than the last time on here - on day 15! Mom to 4 kids (11, 15, 18 and 20)!
  • leryhsaa2005
    leryhsaa2005 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am making a lifestyle change, added 8 fit because I suck at workouts.. So far 61 days and still doing... 2 days on one rest day.... I am learning how to empty nest after having 2 teenage children grow up and fly away... I have found that if I eat cottage cheese or yogurt 1/2 cup(protein) around 8 -830 pm I am good till morning.. No snacking on chips or other junk... You are welcome to add me...
  • Christen850
    Christen850 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 34 and brand new to this! No kids of my own, sadly, but I'm a teacher, so I can relate to being exhausted by kids!
    I had my heart broken more than a year ago, incidentally, by the man with whom I was *supposed* to start a family.
    Ever since, I have steadily gained weight. I'm just getting bigger and bigger. I never snack; my weakness is binging on a huge meal. I find myself eating long past being full, sometimes to the point where I feel sick!
    My other main problem is that I no longer do the things I love: running and yoga. I've started running again, just a little bit at a time, working my way up to running longer distances. This week I'm going to sign up for a single yoga class, try it out, and see if I'm not too rusty!
    **Advice (sorry in advance if this isn't helpful) When I get the urge to late-night binge, I boil a big pot of herbal tea with honey and just keep drinking it. Not only does it make me feel full, I'm super cozy for bedtime!!
  • MTmimi
    MTmimi Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. I have been through the teenage years with one child, and I know that it can be challenging. I work full time and have two school age children at home. I do like working out at the gym, but I only consistently make it once a week. While it is nice out, I bike to work. Evening snacking is my downfall too. I think I am simply over-tired at night. We can do this!
  • MysticalT
    Options
    Hi!

I'm struggling to find how to add people as friends, how do I add you?
  • mumbles2013
    mumbles2013 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    MysticalT wrote: »
    Hi!

I'm struggling to find how to add people as friends, how do I add you?

Click on the name to bring up the person, then click the name again. An icon of 2 people comes up click on that and then the arrow at the top which says friend invite xx
  • MysticalT
    Options
    Thanks