Anyone else gain the weight back, and starting your journey once again?

Options
Hi I'm 24 yr old started my journey in 2013, Lost 20 lbs in 2013-2014, its 2017 and have gained it all back plus more. Struggled since 2015-2016, (bad diet, not exericising) to lose it but now as of 2017, I refuse to let another year past and continue to be 140 lbs. I also need new buddies so add me! Im overweight for the first time in my life, and I need to get rid back to what I used to be, plus even better than before!

Replies

• RLeighP
    RLeighP Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hello! Yep, lifelong struggle here. In 2010 I lost 115 lbs, and in February 2011 I got pregnant. I gained a bit back but with taking care of a new baby and working full time, exercise and eating right was the last thing on my mind. I found myself back at nearly my highest weight a few months ago. Feel free to add me! You got this!
  • Meghanebk
    Meghanebk Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Yep! Rejoined a week or so ago. I'm taking the turtle route - slow and steady.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    I lost 60+ around 2012. Gained it all back rather quickly, plus another 20 lbs over the next year.
    I'm currently down about 35 lbs from my heaviest, trying to focus more on sustainable changes and maintenance breaks this time in hopes that I don't rebound like that again.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    never gained it all back but certainly gained enough to make me angry. I had lost 50 and put back on 30...i kind of crept back and I made excuses for it. I even stopped weighing myself because subconsciously I knew I really didnt want to know :)

I have refocused a few times and usually the confidence of knowing you have done it before helps you do it again!
  • rosyone1
    rosyone1 Posts: 32 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I lost nearly 60 pounds in 2011 and kept it off for 4 years, then it began creeping back on. I'm back to lose 20 pounds this time. My BMI is still in the "healthy" range but approaching the upper end and my frame is on the small side. Time to do something about the pudge before it REALLY gets out of hand.
  • ShonaGreenhill
    ShonaGreenhill Posts: 2 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Try being on steroid medication for life! I was recently on two lots of steroids, my daily one to keep me alive and oral steroid tablet to treat my severe eczema where my endocrinologist told me on Tuesday that i was on 50mg instead of 18.75mg daily so i had to stop the oral. I was reluctant to go on it in the first place because of the problems that it brings. I have had to get myself a personal trainer to help me lose weight. She is very good and works me hard but if i didnt have her, i would struggle.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    steffer20 wrote: »
    Hi I'm 24 yr old started my journey in 2013, Lost 20 lbs in 2013-2014, its 2017 and have gained it all back plus more. Struggled since 2015-2016, (bad diet, not exericising) to lose it but now as of 2017, I refuse to let another year past and continue to be 140 lbs. I also need new buddies so add me! Im overweight for the first time in my life, and I need to get rid back to what I used to be, plus even better than before!

I did this for 40 years wrecking my health so I am glad you are planning to make changes now.

In my case I had to find a macro that would let me stay stuffed all of the time without wanting to eat all of the time and still lose weight. I decided to stop trying to lose weight forever and just eat for better health. The weight loss was slow but I did not get cravings for carbs now. I just left off sugar and any form of grain three years ago (Oct 2014) and my health and health markers at 66 are better than decades ago. Now I just wish I had started long ago before I created so much damage to try and reverse.

Best of continued success. Prevention is the way to go early in life I learned the hard way.
  • JamWam12
    JamWam12 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    steffer20 wrote: »

Yes I put all the weight back on that I had lost in 2013 and more! I've struggled with binge eating (nearly on a daily basis) since 2014 and generally have just been extremely unhappy. I've managed to change my mindset though and actually feel pretty positive and ambitious once again.
  • Tintin13
    Tintin13 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Lets loose this weight and have fun along the way