5 month strong in my journey

Options
Hey guys just looking for like minded people for accountability an support , I'm 36lb down, I would have lost more but when I get around family i don't know how to say no to food an snacking .. really need some support , I struggle with guilt .. I definitely do not have a healthy relationship with food an I've excepted that.. I'm dedicated to working out an building muscle definitely a gym eat #texasgirlhere

Replies

• Bubbaistrying
    Bubbaistrying Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • shamikawinston7
    Options
    That's my problem. I like to snack. I just recently bought different snack items that are more healthier. So far it's going good. Maybe next time you go around family take some of your own snacks. That way you don't have to eat the bad stuff lol. Good luck
  • TEXaS_GAL89
    TEXaS_GAL89 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    @bknewtype Lol no I think ill stick with Texas haha I can barley say no to Bbq ha
  • Sunami32
    Sunami32 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    36lbs down, that’s amazing! Having cheat meals is the way to stay on track so don’t get discouraged when you snack on junk food when you are with family. Focus on the *kitten* kicking you will be doing the next day. Feel free to add me
  • surfsummer86
    surfsummer86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well done on your losses!!
    My issue always used to be getting back on track after a treat/cheat day which turned into a cheat weekend or week!
    Seem to have solved that issue as I'm so motivated to lose just now. I just have 1 day of pure protein shakes after and it gets me right back on track.
    With regard to family etc, it's so hard but you really do have to be selfish for once, bringing your own food or inviting them round to your house always works for me, then you have control over what your eating xxxx
  • optionsguy88
    optionsguy88 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • jameslaw33
    jameslaw33 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You can add me I am going 6 months strong
  • roblopez48
    roblopez48 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Great job on the 36lbs. Im debating whether or not to get surgery. I’m trying to lose weight and looking forward to live a healthier lifestyle. You are a inspiration
  • Roosh513
    Roosh513 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Nice work! I'm approaching the 2-year mark! Feel free to add me. While I haven't logged every day for 2 years, I've dropped weight slowly and steadily. I'm down 66 lb and am finally to the point of working on body re-composition rather than focusing on weight loss.

This is where I think logging every bite is going to be key :#
  • TEXaS_GAL89
    Options
    @Roosh513 wow amazing very inspiring for me!!! Keep it up you got this!!!
  • TEXaS_GAL89
    Options
    @roblopez48 I've come to learn that everyone has different needs!!! God bless you in your weightloss journey!! Your gonn a do amazing either way!! Stay dedicated an motivated !!
  • TEXaS_GAL89
    Options
    @jameslaw33 awesome job hon!! Think we are already friends lol
  • TEXaS_GAL89
    Options
    @birdiepeeps88 thanks appreciate it!!!
  • TEXaS_GAL89
    Options
    @Sunami32 @surffsummer86 you both have valid points , first sunami it's so hard for me not to get down I gained 6 lb in a weekend I'm barley back down , that so put me behind on my goals I was Highly depressed an guilty overwhelmed with guilt ... definitely need to work on owning my mistakes an just realise what's important to me !! And surffssummer your absolutely rite I'm the same way, and definitely bringing my own food will help me ... you just know my mother haha it's so hard to say no to her .. thank you both sooo much!!!
  • roblopez48
    roblopez48 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    @TEXaS_GAL89 add me, would like to have people around me like you.
  • Roosh513
    Roosh513 Posts: 57 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @Sunami32 @surffsummer86 you both have valid points , first sunami it's so hard for me not to get down I gained 6 lb in a weekend I'm barley back down , that so put me behind on my goals I was Highly depressed an guilty overwhelmed with guilt ... definitely need to work on owning my mistakes an just realise what's important to me !! And surffssummer your absolutely rite I'm the same way, and definitely bringing my own food will help me ... you just know my mother haha it's so hard to say no to her .. thank you both sooo much!!!

Don't get yourself down. Depending on how often you weigh yourself, you might notice large fluctuations in weight (especially if you weigh in daily). This is normal. I normally fluctuate by as much as 6lb. Trust me, it's not easy to put on 5 lb of fat in a weekend.

If you eat overly salty and high carb foods, you will hold water in the short term. On my last cheat day, I ate a whole pizza as my meals for the day, and I weighed in 8 lb heavier than normal. It goes away after a few days :smiley:
  • TEXaS_GAL89
    Options
    @Roosh513 explains why I went back to what I weighed before I went to visit my mother!!! I baught a scale but I don't think that was a healthy choice for me!!! Think I'll just stick it in the closet for now
  • ajmc87
    ajmc87 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to expand my support group as well - feel free to add me
  • Sunami32
    Sunami32 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    @TEXaS_GAL89 I totally get it. I’m down 19 and have 60 to go. I gained weight after I had my daughter 15 years ago. I lost 50lbs, gained it all back and then some so I know how it feels to get discouraged. I too have gained several lbs in a week. With the support you need and deserve, you will make yourself proud!! I’ll be there to help you