Duration before checking weight

Options
dtmpofu
dtmpofu Posts: 6 Member
How long should one go before checking weight? Im afraid of disappointment so i keep deferring.One month is ideal right?

Replies

• _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    Do what ever you want. I prefer to do it weekly but don't get obsessed with it
  • BootyfulBikerZX10r
    BootyfulBikerZX10r Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I check daily. That way I know what's going on. I don't get shocked anymore. I know how my body responds. I don't let it go tomyhead it's just a number
  • dtmpofu
    dtmpofu Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I check daily. That way I know what's going on. I don't get shocked anymore. I know how my body responds. I don't let it go tomyhead it's just a number

Daily!! You are brave
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, but only record it weekly.
  • stephieleee
    stephieleee Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i check my weight probably too often. I find the fluctuation in my weight interesting though. Like the other day I weighed myself before I went to bed and then again when I woke up, and there was a 1.3kg difference lol.
  • mystiqgoal1
    mystiqgoal1 Posts: 6 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    As long the scale doesn't change the mood for the day, stay happy! B)

ox25p730bj77.gif

• ProdigiousDigit
    ProdigiousDigit Posts: 49 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I weigh in every day.

Maxed out alcohol, salt and exercise yesterday and gained 3.5 lbs overnight.

When I got on the scale this morning, I laughed because I knew exactly what happened.

If you're ever faced with the decision to have more information or less, always take more. Why would you not?
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I check daily, but as others have mentioned. I learned to not take it too seriously.
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    I try to do it daily just as I step out of the shower in the morning. But, I don't obsess about it. Nor do I let it bother me with fluctuations so long as the weight moves in the direction I want it to.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Depends.

The more frequently you weigh the more data you have. You see normal fluctuations more. Some people find it interesting or helpful to weigh daily.
    Most often people are advised to weigh once a week.
    Once a month or longer is probably less ideal. The less frequently you weigh the chances are that you might weigh on a high or low day and misjudge what your results really are. But if your focus is not really on the scale number then it could be fine to weigh infrequently.

I weigh once a week. It is enough information for me.
    I have tried daily weighing and it is too much focus on the scale for me. I understand fluctuations but it still messes with my head to see the numbers daily.
  • momoftwins985
    momoftwins985 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    When cutting, I weigh daily just because I liked seeing the fun new numbers. Bulking now, so I weigh in maybe once a week, sometimes every other week
  • SolotoCEO
    SolotoCEO Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm a once a weeker. That gives me enough to see it go down a bit (most of the time). A month is to long for me - I can't make adjustments quickly enough. With that, do what works best for you!
  • rae1721
    rae1721 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Before and after every dropped deuce. Chasing a record.

Genius!! I'm gonna have to try this ....minus the record chasing