Just started my 120 pound weight loss journey!

Options
Spackulous
Spackulous Posts: 10 Member
edited September 2017 in Getting Started
Hello,

I just started my weightloss/meal prep journey last week, I weighed 321pounds, now I weigh 317pounds, my ultimate goal is to lose 120 pounds, I am 27 years of age, an average joe, and would like to get more friends on this so they be with me through my journey, you guys, my first newborn, & myself are what is motivative! Hope you'll like to be friends!

Also comment here if you'd like to talk more if you're an individual that's been overweight and wants to help eachother out with food prep and working out and how that affects you physically/mentally.

-Derek

Replies

• Jancandoit7
    Jancandoit7 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Welcome aboard! You will find tons of support and motivation here. I joined about 5 weeks ago (second time though) and have found that logging in all my calories everyday helps tremendously to keep me accountable. Wishing you the best Derek- you got this!
  • jjsjrs
    jjsjrs Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I need to loose about 80 lbs. you can add me if you want
  • nursebravo14
    nursebravo14 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. With that attitude you'll get there.
  • billyeann90
    billyeann90 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am right where you are! I have been leading an unhealthy lifestyle for so long and 8 days ago I decided to make a change! I'm also 27! Love to be friends and help motivate each other! Positivity brings positivity!
    We got this!
  • theabsentmindednurse
    Options
    You will get there mate.
    Stay focused and give it time.
    A lot of time.
    Just remember: This is a Marathon-Not a sprint.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I was near enough where you are 2 years ago, just starting out with a target of 140lb loss. Just remember this isn't something that's going to happen overnight, you'll have good weeks, bad weeks and plain indifferent weeks. Slow and steady definitely wins the race as far as weight loss goes, I've been maintaining for 5 weeks now, and now trying to get my brain to catch up with my body.
  • plus20UsernameOfPower
    Options
    Welcome! Great outlook! Focus on the health and good food and exercise and the weight will follow. You got this.
  • MezMiiri
    MezMiiri Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! :) I just started my journey aswell! Looking to lose about 80lbs hehe. Hopefully we can motivate one another~ Still no friends on here as of yet but feel free to message anytime B)
  • groovingroomer
    groovingroomer Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Your in the right place! Good for you in deciding to get healthy. You are still so young. You will never regret this decision. Congrats on taking the first step....
  • TheTruthAtAnyCost
    TheTruthAtAnyCost Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    26 here, looking to lose 100 pounds. I'm not sure how to add you but if you want (and know how) you can add me. :)
  • katie4285
    katie4285 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good Luck. Focus and determination play a huge part. This is for you and no one else! Add me if you like! You got this!!!!
  • mmclennan74
    mmclennan74 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Due to medical issues, I am needing to lose about 100 lbs myself. I haven't used this app in quite some time. It's great to see all the encouragement from so many. Unfortunately I am much older and have thyroid problems. But one day at a time of good choices, we'll get there!
  • lshaferstb
    lshaferstb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You do have a really great attitude! I am trying to lose 115 lbs, you can add me as well if you’d like.
  • mihimamao
    mihimamao Posts: 16 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    CurrentIy i am 126 kilos - 279 pounds .. I need to loose 46.8 kilos umm I'm sure that's around 102 pounds I think .. Feel free to add me mate congrads on your progress to date
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    You are going to do this! You have the right attitude and the all the motivation in the world! Good luck!
  • AmyGerard12
    AmyGerard12 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good luck ;)
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    good luck and feel free to add me for support!
  • EllaLeahB
    EllaLeahB Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hi! You are going to do great with that attitude. :-) best of luck on your journey. Lots of support on here!
  • SupermanNdango
    SupermanNdango Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome bro , yeah definitely , im a personal trainer myself and give my clients nutrition advice on here and help them lose weight as well. I also write blogs and post them on here and my website. Ill help you with whatever I can
  • Sunami32
    Sunami32 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    That’s great! Feel free to add me..I’ve got a ways to go as well.