Slim in 6 Challenge... Starting August 1st.

Options
Hey everyone I am starting slim in 6 today and I wanted to know if anyone else wanted to start it with me? We would do it everyday 7 days a week for 6 weeks. Come on guys we got this! Who is with me?

Replies

• GreenSkinnyJeans
    GreenSkinnyJeans Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Suuure count me in : 3.
  • stayathomezookeepa
    stayathomezookeepa Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    yay!! thanks for joining I was afraid no one would join..lol
  • JulianneR
    Options
    This is the beginning of my week #2. I love this program. Lost 4 lbs last week! :smile:

Count me in!
  • AndreaXoXo
    Options
    Hey.. I was supposed to start last week but ended up starting today!!.. I completed day 1 of start it up this morning... and so far, exercising in the morning has made me a bit more conscious of my food choices throughout the day... I hope I can keep it up !!!

I'm in..! :-)
  • chrissy5513
    Options
    A little late for me to do a workout today (wished I had logged in early to see this post! lol) but I'll start tomorrow...first thing in the morning! I started this program in the middle of June but stopped 3 weeks in because I injured my foot. It's feeling a lot better now and I got the OK from my doctor to start working out again, but I have to take it easy. Can't wait!! SO COUNT ME IN!
  • stayathomezookeepa
    Options
    yay so its regretreila, chrissy5513, AndreaXoXo, JulianneR and me!! Thanks for joining ladies. Our first weigh in will be on Monday the 8th. If you can't all your work outs in dont feel discouraged just keep on going! If anyone else wants to join us feel free! :) I will check in with all of you on Monday.
  • stayathomezookeepa
    Options
    Ladies I forgot to add please take your measurements. Don't worry if you have already started just take them today because every Monday we will report any inches or pounds lost :) A lot of people that I know that have done slim in 6 have lost inches consistently every week but not pounds so its important for us to keep track of both.
  • Kia148
    Kia148 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Is it to late to join? I started slim in 6 yesterday.
  • AndreaXoXo
    Options
    Completed day 2 of Start it Up. :smile: I am not sure how to add the exercise to the MFP exercise. I searched slim in 6 and it didn't find anything. How do you guys track your slim in 6 exercise?
    Thanks.
  • JulianneR
    Options
    Hi Kia and Andrea! Congratulations on starting the program!

Andrea -- I just track time and calories burned (via my HRM) on a paper calendar. I like being able to see my progress all in one place. I think that you can create an exercise in the MFP exercise log for yourself if you prefer to do it online.
  • stayathomezookeepa
    Options
    Yay Kia for joining! I track mine as aerobics since I don't have a HRM. Just keep at it girls we can do this! I am thinking of having a prize for the person who has the biggest transformation what do you ladies think? In order for us to know who won we would all have to agree to take a before and after pic and post it to our profiles. Let me know how you guys feel about it :)
  • lylasnan
    lylasnan Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What is slim in 6? I like the sound of that but don't know what it is!!!!
  • JulianneR
    Options
    What is slim in 6? I like the sound of that but don't know what it is!!!!

Hi -- If you go to Beachbody's website, you can read about it there. Or google it, and there is a lot of information out there.

It's a 6 week program that has 3 DVD's, each getting progressively more difficult. You do them 6 days a week. A lot of lunges and squats, but not a lot of pounding/high impact (and the places where it is high impact are easily modified). Cardio and resistance training in the workouts. The more advance workouts are about an hour long.

Hope this helps!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Well I plan to rotate Slim n 6 and turbojam this month. .. . Just to switch it up a bit.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i started wednesday the 3rd and only plan to do it 5 days a week (weekends off), but i'd love to join you. :)
  • carolinagirl919
    carolinagirl919 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I hope it's not too late. I would like to join you ladies, but it looks like I'll be a week behind. I will do the first workout this evening when I get home from work.
  • AndreaXoXo
    Options
    Hello Everyone...
    How are you guys doing on the progress?? I am a little discouraged, I did not miss one day during week 1 and did not loose any weight.. :frown: Not sure what's going on... Sunday was my rest day and yesterday I was just discouraged and did not work out... I am trying to talk myself into working out tonight and just to keep going...
  • stayathomezookeepa
    Options
    Hey everyone Please start posting your week 1 results. Do not get discouraged if you missed some days or didnt see a loss on the scale. I am down 2.4 lbs and 4 inches. :) Remember to keep track of your inches because the scale isn't moving doesnt mean you haven't lost inches.
  • BrandiD56
    BrandiD56 Posts: 103
    Options
    I've been doing Slim in 6 off and on for about six months and keep getting discouraged. I recently started up again and I am finally seeing inches come off, but not pounds. My clothes are fitting a lot better.
  • AndreaXoXo
    Options
    Hi... How's everyone doing?
    Its been harder for me to workout everyday this week... I've only worked out on Tuesday with Ramp it up... I have to make up two missed days so far this week. I don't plan to miss any more exercise days this week... What do you think is the best way to make up the missed days? I know I can do one on my day off (Sunday), but what about the other one? Does working out twice in one day make it up?
    What do you think..?