Tracking excercise

Options
Hey everyone I am wondering something so I wanted to double check.There are some nights I do my night time workout around 12 or 1 in the morning so I am curious if I should track it the day before or the next day each night I do it , I workout during the day too around noon then the other workout real late at night so I was just wondering if I should log the night time workout as the previous day or the next day since after 12 am is a new day.Wasn't sure to log it as the next day since I go to sleep after the workout , please let me know , thanks

Replies

• HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Bump! I am wondering the same thing.
  • BethGorton
    Options
    I personally log from when I wake up to when I got sleep, so I would log it in the same day if it was me......
  • catecn
    catecn Posts: 84
    Options
    do what you want, i would say be consistant with it though. make a desition. some people will say midnight, others when you go to sleep.
    personally, i put it where i need it, lol. but pick one and stick with that for yourself
  • GypsyRose25
    Options
    I personally log from when I wake up to when I got sleep, so I would log it in the same day if it was me......

This. The new day doesn't start until there has been sleep.
  • dwilczynski
    Options
    If I work out at midnight or later, I log it for the prior day, even my 3am workouts. The reason I do it this way is because I have not yet gone to sleep and ended my day. When you sleep your body rejuvenates. Your body doesn't know what time it is. It knows that you eat, exercise, and sleep. Therefore, as far as my log, its all done in the same day. Hope this helps.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I work nights 7pm til 7am. I track everything including workouts from breakfast til the next breakfast.
  • portexploit
    portexploit Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    You do it the day before. You said you do 2 sessions a day. one in the morning, one at night, if you log in your workout after 12am. It will be one day 1 workout, the other day 3 workouts (assuming you get the 3rd workout in before 12am)
  • Lauren38570
    Options
    Thanks everyone and i'd say trying to save as many excercise calories would help alot too then right?
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Pick one. As long as you stick to it, it doesn't matter.
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I track midnight to midnight....reason being is there are 2-3 days a week I'm up over 24 hours a day, it all balances out.
  • BuffTexan
    BuffTexan Posts: 270
    Options
    Good question! I work 11p to 7a. I log everything from the time I get up to the time I got to sleep onto the same day. So if I get up Monday at 4p, I keep logging on Monday's sheet until I go to sleep Tuesday morning.