Looking to make friends with UK mums

Options
Hi, I have a seven month old baby and I'm breastfeeding. I also have a four year old who just started school.

I have 40lbs to lose but I'm not in a rush. I want a permanent lifestyle change and to also give my poor skin a chance to recover. In the past I've yo-yoed diet, and fallen off the wagon with slimming clubs, so what I'm after is a sustainable way of losing weight AND remaining slim for the rest of my life.

I'm looking for UK mums that are in a similar boat, to give encouragement and share tips (and maybe have a laugh

Replies

• minnie2417
    minnie2417 Posts: 3 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Add me if you want doing this for the second time! It worked the first time and I kept the weight off. Reason for starting again is baby weight (7month old baby) it really does work
  • SirCherald
    SirCherald Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Aww yay
  • SirCherald
    Options
    What food do you eat? How do you include your baby weaning and family meals? X
  • minnie2417
    minnie2417 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have three other children aswell so I try not to do separate dinners for everyone because it would be too hard. I make a lot of home cooked food so it’s easier to keep count, stews and soups are great you can have a lot of them. I try not to have potatoes so much because they bulk up the calories. I’ve come to thinking that I can eat what I normally would just smaller portions. That way it doesn’t feel like you’re missing out on anything. Alpen light bars for breakfast are the best for me only 70 calories and put hunger to sleep for a bit!
    My son (7 month old) loves the stews and soups and the veg I am making now with everything, I just put his in a bowl and blitz it and he eats it! X
  • MJaRT25
    MJaRT25 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am a mum to a toddler only just getting round to shifting the baby weight!!
  • fitmumBctTct
    fitmumBctTct Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a mum to a four year old & 4 month old. I've lost 19lb so far x
  • dentedrat
    dentedrat Posts: 2 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hi I'm a mom but my daughter's two. Lost 3st 6 so far. Was 4st 6 but had two holidays in two months and I've been in a slump since. I started slimming world but cant often make it to group & when i know I'm not gonna be group shamed I find myself reaching for the chocolate (and anything else i can find). I eat a lot of potatoes and pasta since I had my daughter so I decided to knock them on the head last week. I get plenty of carbs without them. I want to get down to my pre-husband weight (I married a feeder) it's gonna take a miracle lol
  • SirCherald
    Options
    That's still a great loss! I know what you mean by feeling shamed in the class. Slimming world didn't work out for me even though it's a good plan.

I married a feeder too! He eats about 4-5000 calories a day yet is very lean and fit, I however am not! I think my portion sizes have just gradually got bigger without realising.

Good luck with your journey