Trader Joe's favorites...what are yours?

Options

Replies

• pearlymae
    pearlymae Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    bump
  • azingale
    azingale Posts: 74
    Options
    Not exactly a food per se, but pick up a bottle of their 21 seasoning salute. It makes boring low cal stuff taste that much better! Everyday seasoning is pretty good too, but beware it has salt in it.

YES! I discovered this recently, and everything is just better with it.
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    The masala veggie patties are so good! If you aren't concerned with sodium, give them a try; They are a little spicy, super flavorful, and make a great meatless meal! 120 cals a patty
    The three layer hummus is also fantastic
  • ErikaSwenson
    ErikaSwenson Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Part of the reason I want to find a permanent job in the Minneapolis area is for Trader Joe's (and the Super Targets)...sick but true :happy:
  • SaddyPants
    SaddyPants Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    OK so my new FAVE is the Mandarian Orange Chicken. It is in the frozen section and the cals and sodium are not that bad!! It is freaking amazing! You put all the chix on a cookie sheet and bake it in the oven, then heat the sauce seperate in the microwave. It is awesome!!

My bf and I had this last week and we loved it too. So good!
  • ErikaSwenson
    Options
    Oh, man...my favorites are everything they sell! No, really...I don't remember ever being disappointed by anything I've tried there!

But to be more helpful, my real favs are their:

Vegetarian corn dogs
    Teriyaki flavored marinated tofu
    Persian cucumbers
    Dried Montmorency cherries
    Sesame honey cashews
    Caribbean Fruit Floes
    Fat free refried beans
    Honey Greek yogurt
    Triple berry Joe's O's cereal
    Frozen Thai gyoza
    Frozen mango chunks...great for throwing into smoothies!
    Brie medallions and goat cheese medallions
    Ginger Cat Cookies (For People)

I think I am going to get (nearly) everything on your list...you rock! Plus look into that pepper soup and fat free feta...
  • OBXGal
    OBXGal Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I am heading to Trader Joe's soon, thanks for the new additions. I will post anything new that I find. I love all of the suggestions!

Two of my new favs -

Ginger cat cookies for people (like a ginger snap, but smaller)
    Mini chocolate meringues - I could eat the whole container while watching tv
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    OK so my new FAVE is the Mandarian Orange Chicken. It is in the frozen section and the cals and sodium are not that bad!! It is freaking amazing! You put all the chix on a cookie sheet and bake it in the oven, then heat the sauce seperate in the microwave. It is awesome!!

My bf and I had this last week and we loved it too. So good!

i agree!! i love it!! i might have it this week again. i have it with one of those Minute Rice Brown Rice Cups..yum!!
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    The masala veggie patties are so good! If you aren't concerned with sodium, give them a try; They are a little spicy, super flavorful, and make a great meatless meal! 120 cals a patty
    The three layer hummus is also fantastic

i luv all of their hummus flavors! i had some of the parsley/cilantro hummus tonight!!
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Not exactly a food per se, but pick up a bottle of their 21 seasoning salute. It makes boring low cal stuff taste that much better! Everyday seasoning is pretty good too, but beware it has salt in it.

Actually according to the ingredient labels it doesn't unless I'm missing something? I ask someone that works there and they shared it didn't, though I looked again myself...such tiny print, it's possible I missed it.

Hopefully it's sodium free, how great would that be as it's got some awesome spices in it and it is tasty on pretty much everything.

Love their Lemon Pepper Seasoning as well, ahhhhh so many things to add to this list, I'll be back another time very soon to do that.

ETA:

Shopping their again today. :blushing: :tongue: My gym is only a few blocks from TJ's so it's easy for me to pick a few things up when I'm out of them.

I've gotten the best ideas from this list and the samples they offer. Like goat cheese crumbles with Arugula drizzled with Fat Free Balsamic Vinaigrette. I've also loved the Asian Style Peanut Vinaigrette goes so well with salads, dipping chicken, you name it and it is delicious with it. It's fat free and a little goes a long ways.

I like the idea of the Ginger Cookies for People, I might have to check those out today.

More from me later! :wink: :laugh:

Keep the ideas coming in folks we all love Trader Joe's and it's fun to hear what everyones discovered! I have a long list to share that's why I have to share it when I have more time.

Ohhh my the Vodka Sauce on the Lobster Ravioli or the Artichoke Ravioli ... mmm...to die for! Even after trying the Lobster Ravioli a number of times, I tried the Artichoke ravioli and have never looked back! :love:

Cheers for a great day for Everyone!:drinker: :heart:
  • ErikaSwenson
    Options
    I looked at the calorie count for 1 cup of the frozen organic TJ's brown rice. It is 160 calories, which I think is great...however: is that 1 cup of frozen rice or 1 cup of cooked rice?
    Thanks!
  • guinessngolf
    Options
    bump :)
  • OBXGal
    OBXGal Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

I started this thread in May and I'm sure there are new TJ seasonal favs out there as well as new items that are delish. What are your favorite low cal Trader Joe's goodies? I'm going to try to hit one over the weekend.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    I recently tried these awesome roasted chicken patties that I microwave and then cut up over a salad and soooo good. I like it because a little jucier than chicken breast and a different taste and texture!!

I also love thier Unsalted Potato Trio Chips - all natural!

Thanks 4 bump!! I love TJ!
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I looked at the calorie count for 1 cup of the frozen organic TJ's brown rice. It is 160 calories, which I think is great...however: is that 1 cup of frozen rice or 1 cup of cooked rice?
    Thanks!
    I could be mistaken but I believe their frozen rice etc. is typically already cooked so it would be whatever the pkg. quantity says per serving. :flowerforyou:
  • cicadagirl
    Options

Oh, man...I bought a bottle of the 21 Seasoning Salute after reading this thread....THANK YOU for recommending it! So tasty! I've been sprinkling that stuff into everything! Chicken, brown rice, even my scrambled eggs!
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Another food I have just discovered here that is sooooooooooo good! Butternut Squash & Creamed Spinach Gratin! yum!
  • futiledevices
    futiledevices Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Wish we had Trader Joe's here! I've never been, but heard a lot about it.
    I totally feel for you!! :flowerforyou: I was in your shoes about 3-4 months back. :sad: Never ever thought we'd get one here but now we have 3!:love:

So don't lose hope!:wink:

I doubt we will ever see one in Canada. :\
  • peachyfuture
    peachyfuture Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Bump...as if I needed to become more addicted to TJs o_O
  • Molissa08
    Molissa08 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Oohhh love TJ's! Below are a few faves:

Meatless Meatballs
    Quinoa with Vegetable Melange