Failing on the weekends

Options
How do you avoid it

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Allow myself a couple hundred extra calories and plan ahead.
  • NurseKristi81
    NurseKristi81 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    This is MY issue also.......I have to be mentally strong and push through! lol
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I leave extra calories during the week to use on the weekends.
  • rdgfit
    rdgfit Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I plan for two good cardio workouts on the weekend which gives me a little more flexibility... my issue is sodium on the weekends. I love a good caesar and that is almost 1200mg a drink - switched it up but every once and a while I just have to have one...
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I just overeat a little on the weekends and accept that my weight loss will be very slow- like a pound or two a month. At 1200 cal (plus exercise) I can't cut back during the week to make it up. It's OK. Weight loss, no matter how slow, is better than weight gain! I cut out alcohol 3 months ago and that helped me a lot on weekends.
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Is it because of eating or drinking? I do my best workouts on the weekend so normally I have some extra calories. I don't eat out that much and rarely drink. If I'm going to meet a friend it will usually be for coffee. When a dinner out is coming up I will plan accordingly (eat less during the day) and also just "let it go." For me it's not a regular thing. I would also suggest inviting friends to your home instead of eating out, because then YOU can control the menu.
  • thechiopodist
    thechiopodist Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I excersize more on the weekend, so have more calories to play with. Having said that, my boyfriend cooks on a Saturday evening, so I have to get in some good excersize to earn the calories that he will put in front of me!
  • explodingmango
    explodingmango Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Find things to do on the weekends that don't involve excessive amounts of food - and ideally, that do involve a notable amount of exercise. Keep yourself too busy having fun to get caught up in the weekend boredom eating trap. No money? Find local parks to explore (and you can always take a good run around a park), or look up other free attractions in your area. Get friends involved, if you can.

Alternately, lower your intake on weekdays and "save up" extra calories to get you through the weekend. Lots of people have a good amount of success with that. Or, even do both.
  • shll13
    shll13 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Me too. Weekends are so hard for me. I’m starting a 28-day challenge of following a meal
    & exercise plan. I really hope I can do this! My boyfriend makes everything so difficult!
  • katsheare
    katsheare Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    My weekends aren't crazy times, but that's largely because I work outside the home and have a small child (and beloved partner), so weekends are family time. We do a lot of walking as a family, much of our time together is about doing things rather than eating, so the way I'm making weekends work for me is that they're not very different from my workdays, except that I get to see my family and am on my feet much more.

Not an exciting answer, and probably wouldn't have worked as well while I was single and hanging out with friends more, but as a nearly 40-something mum, it's working pretty well for me now.