Cures for your sweet tooth...

Options
I have a really big "sweet tooth" problem. So I thought I'd share some really good low cal treats that help me when the cravings hit.

Arctic Zero vanilla maple ice cream replacement - it's like ice milk, but it has lot's of protein and other vitamins like a protein shake a whole pint is 150cals. Here is the website :)http://www.myarcticzero.com/

So Delicious non dairy mini fudge bars(70cals), ice cream bars(100cals), & "ice cream" pints(not sure cals) they are made with coconut milk, taste just as good as dairy made ones. Very Yummy my 21yr old son loves them. Found them in the freezer section at walmart.

Weight watcher's & skinny cow desserts - very Yummy (He likes these too)

Fit & active snacks - I just tried these & they are really yummy I tried the choc pudding (80cals) and the S'mores drizzled mini
crisps(90cals) - found them at Aldi grocery store think I saw them at walmart or target too.

weight watcher's & Russell Stover's sugar free chocolate candies, I prefer the Russel stover one's my fav is Russell Stover's - Sugar Free Marshmallow Covered In Chocolate. They are made with splenda so they really taste good.

If you have found any low cal treats I'd love some more ideas, so please post them. Thanks & good luck on all your journeys.

Replies

• quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    There are these mint chocolate soy crisps that I get that taste just like thin mint girl scout cookies. The brand is GenSoy. I got them at Fred Meyer in the health food section. :)
  • lunatletica
    Options
    I love Light Touch Food sugar free cappuccino marquis or peanut butter chocolate! Also love WW mint chocolate 1 point treats.
  • shabydonner
    shabydonner Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite things to do it take the little sugar free chocolate pudding cups and warm them, and dump on top of fresh sliced strawberries. Top with a little cool whip and its a nice snack/dessert/breakfast. Don't know the exact stats but the pudding is only like 60 cal so it can't be very high. I also really like the smart one desserts, the cookie dough sundae is my fav.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    sf jelly made up and I put 1/2 cup cottage cheese in there for some protein.
  • ckatastrophy
    ckatastrophy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I just remembered a really healthy one that I use sometimes. Apple or pear slices topped with cheddar cheese(sliced thin) & drizzled with honey.
  • hips2903
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. I blew it yesterday just because of my sweet tooth.
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    For the North Americans out there - I made protein-enriched rice krispie treats last night. I use about 100gm of marshmallows, 1tbsp of butter, 45gm of vanilla whey protein, a splash of milk and 2-3c. of Rice Krispies. The Rice Krispie treats are themselves low-cal but the addition of some protein makes me feel less guilty about eating them. Also, I use this snack as a great source of iron as a vegetarian.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    For the North Americans out there - I made protein-enriched rice krispie treats last night. I use about 100gm of marshmallows, 1tbsp of butter, 45gm of vanilla whey protein, a splash of milk and 2-3c. of Rice Krispies. The Rice Krispie treats are themselves low-cal but the addition of some protein makes me feel less guilty about eating them. Also, I use this snack as a great source of iron as a vegetarian.

That sounds very tasty
  • midnightsukie
    midnightsukie Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have a nice hot chocolate (some are awful, get one that tastes of chocolate), only 40 cals - if you have the low cal ones, and helps fill me up
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    My protein shake.
    Or a natural yoghurt or ryvita cracker with a teaspoon of jam.
    Fruit.
  • lindaj13
    lindaj13 Posts: 30
    Options
    My sweet tooth treat is a Strawberry Sundae

Breyers - Carb Smart Ice Cream Vanilla, 1/2 cup
    Cool Whip - Whipped Topping - Free, 2 tbsp
    Smuckers Sugar Free - Strawberry Jam, 2 tablespoon

125 Calories
    26 Carbs
    6 Fat
    2 Protein
    5 Sugar
    50 Sodium

With a spoon break up and stir the jam to make it more like a sauce before topping the ice cream with it.
  • jkleman79
    jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    You can always eat chocolate.... most people don't realize that good chocolate will not ruin your diet in moderation of course. The chocolate that is good for you has to have a cocoa content of 70% or higher. No you cant have a snickers and get away with it.. these are usually found in a grocery aisle not at the register and it will say right on it the cocoa content. =0)
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily low calorie..but cures my need for ice cream.

Two tablespoons of Peanut Butter Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter
    Three tablespoons of frozen Cool Whip Free

Mix! and eat!

Delicious!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I get sugar free pudding, make it with fat free milk, and freeze it in popcicle molds. tonight I'm going to make vanilla and drop some berries in it for and extra treat while I'm eating away.
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I like to have 2-4 squares of 70 % dark chocolate with a bit of PB spread on top,heavenly!
    The jello temptations mousse cups are really good too (60 cals)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    You can always eat chocolate.... most people don't realize that good chocolate will not ruin your diet in moderation of course. The chocolate that is good for you has to have a cocoa content of 70% or higher. No you cant have a snickers and get away with it.. these are usually found in a grocery aisle not at the register and it will say right on it the cocoa content. =0)

You'd be surprised how far a 1/4 portion of super dark chocolate will go with a fine grater.
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Eton Mess - a little cream, some halved strwberries and crushed meringue. Less than 120 cals.
  • Felesina1
    Felesina1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Trader Joe's mini soy ice cream bars... 80cals
  • ckatastrophy
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. I blew it yesterday just because of my sweet tooth.

That is exactly why I posted this topic, besides wanting some more suggestions for myself. Thanks & have fun trying some of them out.
    Good luck on your journey!
  • ckatastrophy
    Options

MMMM! sounds yummy! Think I'll try that this weekend.
    Thanks!
    Good luck on your journey!