Homemade freezer ready meals

Options
I am working alot about 100 hours a week I am needing to make some homemade meals that I can easily freeze. The only thing I don't like food wise is I am not a big chicken person but I will eat it occasionally no tomatoes and no feta cheese. That is it sorry if that is to much but if yall have any recipes please post them thanks in advance.

Replies

• Jessb1985
    Jessb1985 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    wow 100 hours, there's no way I could do that you must be a super person lol!

Try this website: http://www.skinnytaste.com/
    it has alot of different recipes. I've found the only thing I have trouble defrosting is mashed potato but soups, rice and pasta all work wonderful.

Hope you find something you like :)
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I do this! I make a few meals and portion them up into individual containers to freeze and then I take them to work for lunches and have them for dinners as well. My usuals are:

Spag bol
    Honey Mustard Chicken Stir Fry
    Curry
    Kecap Manis Beef Stir Fry
    Pasta Bake
    Sweet Potato Shepherds Pie

They all have vegies in them and I cook up brown rice to go with the curry and stir fries and put in the containers as well. I don't use wholemeal pasta yet because I went to Costco and bought c***loads of pasta before I changed my lifestyle so I'm using all of that up first. Just make sure you put a little extra sauce because things tend to dry out once they've defrosted and been microwaved. The honey mustard and shepherds pie recipe bases come from the supermarket so i don't have recipes - I just chop everything up and add the sauce.

I'm also thinking about getting a slow cooker because a lot of companies here in AUS are bringing out recipe bases to go in the slow cooker.
  • lunatletica
    Options
    I love "Eat Rite" pizza's - you can order online. They are high protein (25 g) and low carb, low calories (210) each. Very filling, very tasty and vegetarian. My favorite is Pesto.

I order them in bulk and keep them in the freezer. It just takes a couple of minutes to unfreeze them.

Good luck with work!
  • LoraEllen
    Options
    thanks!