Please talk me out of this.

Options
I'm sitting here feeling emotional and eating a half a pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream and a ham and cheese sandwich. I don't want to binge, yet I'm still doing it. Please help me.

Replies

• spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    If you've already started, stop now. You'll be able to be proud of yourself because you intercepted old behaviors and you'l feel much better tomorrow morning that you didn't indulge in the whole pint. Remember, it feels good *right now* ... but tomorrow morning, you may look back on this and feel disappointed. YOU can put an end to this behavior. Put Ben and Jerry back into the freezer.

Just looking out for you! Hang in there!
  • mrsmeward
    mrsmeward Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just KNOW you can put that carton down. Don't think about what you have eaten, give yourself a couple more bites, savor them, and stand up, walk into the kitchen, and put it back in the freezer. I know it's hard when you are sad and you just want to drown your sorrows, but think of the good it will do you to stop eating the ice cream; also, think of how great it will feel to put it down, and know you had the power to put it down :)
  • Baroness
    Baroness Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Sorry that your feeling down
    "if the problem isnt hunger, the answer isnt food"
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    Put it down, take a deep breathe, brush your teeth, and drink a big glass of water! Then clean, or shower, or workout, or find something to keep you distracted! You can do it!
  • resamejia
    Options
    Don't eat it. Throw it away.
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Go throw that crap in the garbage and throw some dirty rotten food on top of it. Hard to eat ice cream and sandwich when it's covered in dirt or a poopy diaper. That's what I do! Then I work on what's really eating me.
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I ate three quarters of the sandwich and about two-thirds of the ice cream. Normally, I would've eaten the entire thing. Is this at least some kind of an improvement?
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    YES MAAM! So is asking for help! Good for you!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Don't do it. . . . If it is in front of you. . trust me. . .Go put it away. . .. drink a glass of water . . . . . when you are able to change destructive patterns of behavior. . . it will make you feel empowered and you will be that much stronger next time you feel that urge coming on. .. You can do this.:bigsmile:
  • spaingirl2011
    Options
    I ate three quarters of the sandwich and about two-thirds of the ice cream. Normally, I would've eaten the entire thing. Is this at least some kind of an improvement?

It's an improvement-- you intercepted your eating and didn't finish the pint. Now, make a plan for what happens the next time you're binge eating. Maybe it would be helpful not to have B&J in the house? Take this experience and learn from it. Make a plan for the next time you feel like this.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options

Anything that you can change is a good thing. ..
  • HollyTsiaussis
    Options

It's an improvement-- you intercepted your eating and didn't finish the pint. Now, make a plan for what happens the next time you're binge eating. Maybe it would be helpful not to have B&J in the house? Take this experience and learn from it. Make a plan for the next time you feel like this.

I don't have control over what's bought in this house. :( My parents buy everything. It gets difficult sometimes.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    WALK AWAY FROM THE ICECREAM.
    Go for a walk or run, or put on some music and dance.

The endorphins from exercise will make you feel better.
    The sluggishness from bingeing on junk will make you feel worse.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options

Yes, definitley a victory! You recognised that it's not a good thing to do and you stopped.
    Well done :)
  • spaingirl2011
    Options

I don't have control over what's bought in this house. :( My parents buy everything. It gets difficult sometimes.

Sometimes we don't have control over what comes into the house. You do have control over you. Make a plan in case you feel like binging again. Listen to music, write about your feelings on a blog, chew gum until the feeling to binge goes away, exercise, sing, dance, drink a glass of water. YOU CAN DO THIS. You have complete control over what goes into your mouth.

Hang in there, believe in yourself. We know you can do this!
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    big hugs to you.
    Its so hard to get out of that mindset when youre in it, so well done for stopping halfway xx
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options

I love this....
  • HollyTsiaussis
    Options
    Thanks, all of you. <3
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options

OH HOW TRUE!!!! I've never heard this quote before and love it
    Hope you're feeling better :heart:
  • AliDarling
    AliDarling Posts: 373
    Options
    you were able to stop and thats the will power! don't worry, it will get stronger and stronger in time. soon you'll laugh at ice cream and its foolish attempts to make you eat it. next time you get a craving, try setting an egg timer for 10 minutes, and if you're still wanting a snack, savor a tablespoon of peanut butter. it eases cravings and controlls blood sugar