3 months to lose 20pounds? Anyone?

Options
I want to lose 20 pounds in 3 months. Is it possible? I currently weight at 160. Does anyone want to do it with me?

Replies

• Tishaal
    Tishaal Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's amazing! How did u it? Did u follow a specific diet program?
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Yes that is realistic. Last time I did this I lost 20 lbs. in two months and then another 10 the third month. However I foolishly quit logging because of stress in my life and eventually I added the weight back. Now I'm doing it again and expect the same results as long as I am careful with my logging and stick to it. I'm not on any particular diet program and basically follow the macro guidelines that MFP sets for me. What you eat is not as important as staying within your calorie goals. I'm only on week two but so far I've lost 1.5 lbs. so I'm on track. Remember to lose a pound a week you have to have a deficit of 500 calories/day and therefore to lose 2 lbs. week you need 1000 calorie deficit (which is what I do). Decide how many pounds per week you want to lose and let MFP do the math for you. Then you can adjust if you need as time goes on. Good luck on your goal.
  • wimpywrx
    wimpywrx Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have 15lbs to lose by January when I have my next blood test. I need to lower my cholesterol by 3 to 4 points as well. Feel free to add me
  • KayTeeOne
    KayTeeOne Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Me too! Trying to lose 20lbs in 3 months. Feel free to add me
  • msmith404040
    msmith404040 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 pounds in two and a half months just counting calories. I'll occasionally walk on the treadmill. You can do it!

• Tishaal
    Tishaal Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the msgs.They r all so positive n motivational! I just joined MFP, and this time I will stick to the game plan. Thanks all:)
  • sam2342014
    sam2342014 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My target is also 20lbs in 3 months. So we can start together
  • CountryGirl11812
    CountryGirl11812 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Tishaal wrote: »
    Wow! That's amazing! How did u it? Did u follow a specific diet program?

I didn't follow a specific diet plan, I just cut out all the things I knew were bad for me and started walking more and more every day. Eventually adding in strength training. Logging my food helped me stay on track. I completely cut out sodas and literally drank nothing but water throughout the day and one cup of coffee in the morning. And definitely had to stop the binge eating. That was hard for me. Good luck ;)
  • hlzy11
    hlzy11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm trying to lose about 22 pounds. Currently weigh 157. Add me so we can encourage each other! My biggest problem is boredom eating.
  • MossiO
    MossiO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I've lost 27 pounds since January 1 of this year. Slow and steady!
  • ncsubeachgirl
    ncsubeachgirl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 in three months... on month 4 and I’m at 37. It can be done! Good luck!
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I lost 26 pounds in 57 days!
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I went from 158 to 132!