You logged in for XXXX days

Options
Screw that - my daughter got married yesterday and I DID NOT LOG IN. BUT MY DRESS ZIPPED UP JUST FINE THANK YOU. :D

Replies

• EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Congrats to both you and your daughter. I wish them a long and happy marriage. And you continued success on your weight loss and maintance path!
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the wedding and zipping up the dress that's all that matters for a mother on her baby's wedding day.
  • belleflop
    belleflop Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I think so many people get hung up on this. I bet it stresses a lot of people out and it becomes an addiction of sorts for some. I have a mfp friend who has logged in for like 5 years straight, but I haven't seen him do his food journal or exercise journal in years. Every time I go out of town or camping mine resets, and that's totally fine with me.
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those people who feel more "on point" if I'm logging in every day. Makes me feel like I'm sticking to a mindful a d healthy routine. Last year when I moved to Asia and had like 36 hours of travel I missed a day. Like - I had signed in but because of the time change it didn't log it. And it bothered me (silly I know). Then discovered that you can correct the sign in days from your profile so I did that and now I'm at 429 day streak.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    belleflop wrote: »
    I think so many people get hung up on this. I bet it stresses a lot of people out and it becomes an addiction of sorts for some. I have a mfp friend who has logged in for like 5 years straight, but I haven't seen him do his food journal or exercise journal in years. Every time I go out of town or camping mine resets, and that's totally fine with me.

mine didn't reset even though i didnt go on the app for 5 days last time i was on holiday... random!

now everyone is congratulating my streak and i'm just like :huh:
  • 2kellymike
    2kellymike Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody for the kind words and well wishes!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the dress and your daughter wedding! I let my streak of over 2 years go when I realized that even though I'd been tracking, I'd gained weight. So in an attempt to start fresh I also reset my counter. Kinda sad to loose the streak, but to me the whole point of the streak was to track in a mostly positive weight loss direction. Not just something to do everyday. If that makes sense...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!