Quick, easy & healthy Lunch ideas...

Options
wwperry
wwperry Posts: 15 Member
I'm looking for quick, easy and healthy lunch ideas within 300 cals.
Example, today I had a tuna cup with 1 tbs mayo, tomatoe, pickles and yoplait light for total of 260 cals.
Please share yours. :flowerforyou:

Prefer no frozen entrees. Thx.

Replies

• liza001
    liza001 Posts: 77
    Options
    We are big on taking leftovers from night before and adding some salad bits to it. I try to keep only to 3 salad items each day for lunch) and try to have different ones each time to mix it up for interest and health. (dinner I have another 2 or 3 veggies) if I don't have leftovers then I try all sorts of different nuts or cheese, again, different ones to make it interesting... It's, Quick, easy & healthy.
    Putting a fruit with the salad is a great change also... Different fruit each time. Nothing boring about eating healthy!
  • mo1700
    mo1700 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Multigrain wrap with houmous, falafel and lots of salad.

Large salad with quorn, melba toast and extra low fat cheese triangle

Home made chunky veg and lentil soup

Cous cous, roasted veg & salad beans

Just a few! :wink:
  • dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    Low carb tortilla with hummus, zucchini, spinach, red onion, feta, bell pepper.

Yogurt with kashi crunch and fruit.

Toast, sliced tomato and cottage cheese.

Peanutbutter/slices berries on a sandwhich thin.
  • emmahollass
    Options
    oo i'll have to try some of these out!
  • wwperry
    Options
    Today was left overs around 350 calories... very delish!

-Grilled Chicken breast
    -sauteed yellow squash & onions
    -big fresh & juicy tomatoe from the garden
    -yoplait light yogurt
  • katee_x
    katee_x Posts: 5
    Options
    If you make a spaghetti bolognese or chilli con carne make a big batch of it but rather using beef mince, use quorn mince which takes down the calories and the saturated fat by a dramatic amount!
    Hope it helps x
  • liza001
    liza001 Posts: 77
    Options
    Was out today, no lunch, went to shops bought smoked salmon, punnet of strawberries and a small Greek yoghurt with passionfruit .. YUM what a spoil and 253cals
  • wwperry
    Options
    Was out today, no lunch, went to shops bought smoked salmon, punnet of strawberries and a small Greek yoghurt with passionfruit .. YUM what a spoil and 253cals

Oh... that sounds very good! Will try.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    My lunchtime regulars are:

quinoa with a little paste mixed in (usually harissa paste or sundried tomato paste) with chopped spring onions, cucumber, black olives, rocket (arugula) & roasted butternut squash cubes.

Fattoush- Lebanese salad made with little gem/ romaine lettuce, sliced red onion, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, triangles of toasted wholemeal pitta bread, fresh flat leaf parsley and a dressing made with evoo, lemon juice, black pepper & sumac (middle eastern spice).

Melba toasts, cucumber slices & laughing cow extra light. I usually eat this with cherry tomatoes and a cup soup.

wholewheat pasta, mixed with a little reduced fat pesto & salad

stuffed pitta pockets with cottage cheese, wafer thin ham & salad.

leftovers with salad
  • cindy220
    cindy220 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I like bell peppers, string chesse and some lunch meat wraped around it, I spred a garlic & herb laughing cow wedge too, yum :) I eat alot on the go.
  • wwperry
    Options
    I like bell peppers, string chesse and some lunch meat wraped around it, I spred a garlic & herb laughing cow wedge too, yum :) I eat alot on the go.
    Me too! So I love this quick n easy one... will definitely try this one! Thx.
  • hels_bells
    Options
    Once a week either during the day or in the evening I roast diced up courgette, aubergine, onions and peppers in a bit of olive oil and some mixed herbs for about 40 minutes. They keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. Each day I then spread a wrap with light houmous add the veg and some jarred red peppers (loads of flavour) and top with shredded lettuce... YUMMMEEE!

I also buy delicious pre-prepared soup (if you're in UK the Yorkshire provender company is amazing!!) and have half a tub of that (loads!) which is usually about 200-250 cals and a chunk of nice bread.