Help Im desperate

Options
I am a nursing student and my graduation is November 29th I want to lose as much weight as possible before then since we have to wear white scrubs.

Replies

• xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? How much do you want to lose?
  • erikalandrews
    erikalandrews Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Id like to get to pre program weight which is like 20 -30lbs lower than my present weight.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Id like to get to pre program weight which is like 20 -30lbs lower than my present weight.

Please don't. You haven't let us know what you weigh, but I doubt you should do more than 1 lb per week to lose in a healthy fashion.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    You can probably lose 7-9 lbs in that time, good luck, be diligent, and log your calories.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    you want to lose basically a pound every other day??? unless you are extremely morbidly obese there is no way that is going to happen in anything close to a healthy weight...you said you are a nurse? I would think you be aware of the damage you can do losing weight so quickly?!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    You could maybe lose 5-10 lbs. Can you purchase some spanx or similar body shapers to wear under your scrubs?
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    You can realistically lose 10ish pounds before then (assuming you're not extremely overweight at the moment). Buy well-fitting scrubs and enjoy your graduation! Congrats :smile:
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Scrubs are pretty forgiving though, aren't they? Unless they changed since I used to wear them. Anyhow, I would go about this in a safe non-crash diet way, as other said, maybe 8-10lbs max.
    Also, focus on getting your hair and makeup done for that day, take care of your skin.. especially if there are going to be a lot of photos. If you crash diet and lose that much, believe me, your hair and skin will not look very fabulous.

If you are concerned with the way you will look then rapid wieght lose is not wgat you want for the above bolded answer. The extra pounds most likely will be less noticeable than if you crash diet and you skin, hair, and nails look bad from under eating. This is a great accomplishment and you should be kind to yourself, eat at a reasonable deficit, try some strength training (body weight exercises would work), and get scrubs that fit you properly to wear. Congratulations and good luck.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Scrubs are pretty forgiving though, aren't they? Unless they changed since I used to wear them. Anyhow, I would go about this in a safe non-crash diet way, as other said, maybe 8-10lbs max.
    Also, focus on getting your hair and makeup done for that day, take care of your skin.. especially if there are going to be a lot of photos. If you crash diet and lose that much, believe me, your hair and skin will not look very fabulous.

It depends on the set of scrubs. Some are extremely forgiving and some are awful and show every pound of extra self.

Totally agree on the remaining parts of this quote.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Try body slimming garments for the big day. The weight will come off more slowly, but also more healthfully.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Along with a reasonable weight loss effort that you can sustain the whole time - so only 1lb weekly.

Do some strength training. That will transform the body more and easily make it appear you have lost more than reality.

And you will likely stand taller as part of it.

Besides stronger may help a lot in your profession.