5.5 Pounds Lost in 2 Days!!

Options
Yes! I am losing weight at a rate that rivals many weight loss scams! What is my secret you ask? Well, I probably have the so-called "stomach flu" (which has nothing whatsoever to do with the flu) and fever, not eating, and diahreah will do this to a person.

It's terrible and I can't wait until I am healthy again and have a healthy appetite and am losing 1 pound per week, on average.

This is just awful.

Replies

• katsheare
    katsheare Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    One of my friends lost something like 10 lbs in a week. He was in a coma at the time, on an IV, but joked (eventually) about the fantastic weight loss plan.

Stay hydrated, little and often. Hopefully you'll be better soon!
  • gg2007
    gg2007 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    ohh noo, I hope you feel better soon. Try and stay hydrated!
  • whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Ugh I feel ya O/P.
  • explodingmango
    explodingmango Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I feel you. The stomach flu is the worst...and I, too, will often jokingly appreciate how much faster it makes me lose weight when I get it because anything to make it more bearable is welcome.

Hope you feel better soon!
  • rbelfiore0262
    rbelfiore0262 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you don't feel well. A few years ago I ended up on TPN (nutrition intravenous) nothing to eat only sips of water and ended up gaining 2 lbs! They told me they didn't want me to lose weight. It would have been the only upside! Anyway I hope you feel better really soon! :)
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Was there last weekend. Honestly it wasn't bad.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Was there last weekend. Honestly it wasn't bad.

Yay for you. I had it a couple of months ago and it was awful! Constant vomiting, abdominal cramps, ongoing nausea, no thank you!
  • avablissed
    avablissed Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I've been able to get down toast and a protein bar. I've lost 3lbs in 30 hours! Crazy...

Hope you are feeling better soon!!
  • MichelleReturnsTo120
    Options
    OP here. Thanks to everyone for all the well wishes. I went outside today for the first time in a week and that was great. The moon was full, orange, and beautiful on the horizon.

I've got this thing mostly behind me and i will be counting calories again next week for sure.
    Till then, i won't bother. I don't have the appetite to go over my limit.

To those going through it, it's super important to stay hydrated. Also, it does eventually end even though it feels like it won't.

Even though weight loss is the only upside, you'll wish you'd lost it the normal way.
  • Polo265
    Polo265 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I had this last week on our road trip from New York to Florida. I had intestinal cramps and diarrhea. Couldn't keep anything in without passing it. Unfortunately, I couldn't stay well hydrated either, because I didn't want Hubby to have to keep making bathroom stops for me. I was very miserable. Lost 5 lbs in 3 days. I am now recovered and hydrated, putting on 2 of those pounds.
  • MichelleReturnsTo120
    Options
    Glad you've recovered! It's awful.

If you don't stay hydrated, you can become VERY sick.

I'm glad I avoided having to go to the ER to get IV fluids. Keeping up with the Gatoraide was torture. An IV would probably have been easier. (But far more expensive)