Using PB2 in Recipes

Options
MissBellatrix116
MissBellatrix116 Posts: 50 Member
Hello!

I am a giant peanut butter fan, and I am looking for a substitute, especially for recipes. I made a wonderful peanut butter pie, but the calories were crazy because of the peanut butter. My main question is do you usually reconstitute it before you use it in your recipe? Or do you just use the powder? Also, is there any thing that I would need to know before using it in certain recipes?

Thanks!!

Replies

• caitibug
    caitibug Posts: 12
    Options
    "Better'n Peanut Butter" has about half the calories, sugar, etc of real peanut butter and although you can taste the difference in eating it plain, it's not bad , In recipes you really can't tell the difference!
  • kathieh1
    kathieh1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love PB2 in chocolate shakes (diet type shakes) with lots of crushed ice. I also like it in sugar free pudding. It's pretty much great on anything. How you use would depend on the recipe.. if the recipe uses Peanut Butter for liquid than add some to it, otherwise - just sprinkle it in. Yum.
  • MissBellatrix116
    MissBellatrix116 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    "Better'n Peanut Butter" has about half the calories, sugar, etc of real peanut butter and although you can taste the difference in eating it plain, it's not bad , In recipes you really can't tell the difference!

I have had the Better'n Peanut Butter, but was kind of off ut by the taste. In your onion, would it still work in a recipe when its still the main ingredient?
  • mandahq
    mandahq Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I Have recipe you might like. It calls for smooth but I only had cunchy not sure if that would make a difference in the calories. also I spilt it into small cupcakes cause I didnt have wrapers for big ones. two small=one large roughly

Honey Maid- low far honey gragam crackers (9 full crackers)
    Imperial butter- non hydrogenated-omagea 3, (2 tbsp)
    Dairy-Milk 1% (1 cup)
    Kraft - Crunchy Peanut Butter (8 tbsp)
    Compliments - Chocolate Pudding (1 package)

Total
    Calories - 2040
    Carbs - 245
    Fat - 94
    Protein - 49
    Fiber - 17
    Sodium -2440
    (spilt into 22 cupcakes =95 calories)

Theres a Low or no sodium pudding mix. I used what I had that would lower It.

combine the butter (melted) and the graham crackers (crushed), spread evenly amoung the cupcakes and bake at 450 for 5 minutes.
    Combine the rest of the ingredients and let chill for several hours (i stuck mine in the freezer. But its a little cold to eat and it throws the taste off a bit.
    They are really good though :)