In search for smoothie recipes.

Options
rrsinness
rrsinness Posts: 1 Member
edited September 2017 in Recipes
I just had jaw surgery, and am on a restricted diet (liquids only) for the next 5 weeks. I make a smoothie today, that I will not make again. So I figured I'd ask the forum on here for some insight. Any recipes are greatly appreciated.

Replies

• DaintyWhisper
    DaintyWhisper Posts: 221 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    My smoothie recipe is a little boring. I usually just blend together a cup of vanilla yogurt and about 150g of cut strawberries and put it in the freezer for about 20 minutes since I use fresh berries instead of frozen. I like thick and creamy smoothies and find that milk or ice just waters it down. I'm not sure what you want out of your smoothie, like added protein, fiber, veggies, etc; but this is the one I use!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I would definitely be using a protein powder, plus adding vegies and fat to every smoothie. (along with a bit of fruit).
    Nut butters and avo are great fat additions.
    Perhaps also consider adding yoghurt or milk...

Also consider soups - presuming you can have those too?

Are you really limited to liquids for 5 weeks, or do you slowly get to transition to soft food? Just liquid would be tough.
  • lexmb1
    lexmb1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Here are some of my favorites :-)
    1. oatmeal, peanut butter, frozen banana, cinnamon and non sweetened almond milk.
    2. avocado, spinach, kale, mango, protein powder, blueberries, raspberries, unsweetened almond milk.
    3. blueberries, strawberries, basil, protein powder, coconut water.
    4. mango, spinach, coconut water, cucumber, pineapple and protein powder.