Diabetes

Options
A year ago I was 95kgs and was told that I was type 2 Diabetic.
A year on , I am74kgs and have been told that I am no longer diabetic.
It's been a hard year, I have not had a beer, cake, biscuit or a chocolate
Was it worth ? He'll yes.
If I can reach my goal, then you can to.
Don't give up on your goal

Replies

• EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    My non-scale goal is put my diabetes into remission by this time next year. With medication (but no insulin) my last A1C a week ago was 5.9, so I think it's doable for me.

Congrats on your success! Your hard work has certainly paid off!
  • moreclan9
    moreclan9 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    jesslla wrote: »
    My non-scale goal is put my diabetes into remission by this time next year. With medication (but no insulin) my last A1C a week ago was 5.9, so I think it's doable for me.

Congrats on your success! Your hard work has certainly paid off!

Congrats!

You probably already know this, but I want to share because I just learned it. It may take longer to go from 5.9 to...whatever your goal is, than it took to go from High A1c to 5.9.

Don't get discouraged! I was a bit disappointed that mine only changed by .2 last test, but have been reassured it will all work out if I keep going.

• kashe69
    kashe69 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Don't give up my doctor wanted me on meds right away. I said no give me 2 months to see if I can make a difference. I did not want to spend a lifetime on drugs. I cut down calories to under 1000 for 2 months ( which is low) but some studies show it " kick starts". I started walking and then the gym. My levels were normal my doctor said I didn't think you could do it. It was hard but then it got easier. Commit and try. 3 plus years later levels normal and no drugs. Lost over 80 lbs and feel great. I'm still going to the gym 5 days a week and eating healthy. You can do it
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!