Hello from the UK midlands

Options
Hi everyone, My name is Mel and I have been using MyFitnessPal for about 2 weeks now as I have well and truly decided enough is enough, I want to get fitter and healthier (not to mention look a bit nicer in my wedding photo's next year!!)

I'm from Leicestershire in the UK and I'm not sure how the friend thing works but I'm guessing the feed on the front page is a bit like facebook?

So far I have lost 4lb (that was the first week, don't think it'll be as good as that next time!) and been doing DVD's by Davina McCall and also 30 Day Shred. I'm a teacher so finding it easier at the moment as we are on holiday and I have time to do this stuff - I'm hoping by the time we go back I'll be in the habit enough to keep it up!

Anyway, hello from me - I will probably be popping up everywhere asking lots of questions from now on haha!

xx

Replies

• sunshine77081
    Options
    A pleasure to meet you Mel. I have a good friend in Leicester, UK. Myself I am from the USA. Keep up the good work and congrats on the 4lb weight loss.
  • ElimyW
    ElimyW Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello hello,

I'm from a similar part of the world from you - currently living in Nottingham, and LOVE this site. Thought it would be good to begin with, but can't believe quite how useful it's been - total addict!

Good luck with your journey - I'm sure you'll do amazingly! The support & community on here is awesome!

If you're looking for motivation/support/friends, please feel free to add me! I'm on here every day (probably too much really, but oh well!!)

Em x
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal! :happy:
  • melissa2807
    melissa2807 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi thanks for all the replies :)
    Emily, I went to Uni in Nottingham! Small world hehe.

xx
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Hello, welcome to MFP!

I'm from the midlands too! :D
  • daveredfern
    Options
    Hello Mel,

I'm from the midlands too!

Good luck,

Dave.
  • cdpm
    cdpm Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am also from the UK. I have lots of friends from the midlands as I was at uni there. Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • Ellsqueak
    Ellsqueak Posts: 14
    Options
    Congratulations on the 4lbs!

I'm based in London but I went to Uni in Leicester. I miss the restaurants up there...

I'm new too - we can do this!
  • BeckieFitness
    Options
    Welcome!
    I'm from the Midlands, and I'm also new!
    Congratulations on already losing weight, and I hope you can reach your goal weight.
    :D
  • melissa2807
    Options
    Aw thanks for all the replies! I feel welcomed in already!
    I'm hoping that first week wasn't just a one off, I have been trying though! Weigh in tomorrow morning!
    x
  • gponter79
    gponter79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm from Wirral, North West UK - anybody feel free to add me - I'm always active on here and offering & listening for advice ;)
  • minnie22
    minnie22 Posts: 60
    Options
    Hi Mel, just wanted to say well done on your 4pounds already, I'm from uk too, if you want to add me you can. Good luck in your future of losing weight & they are a really friendly lot on here so you'll soon make some good friends.
  • eaglemonster
    eaglemonster Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi Mel, welcome to MFP, loads of great support.
  • Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome :)

I'm in Herts myself, but my parents live in Ibstock which is in your neck of the woods :)

Good luck
  • melissa2807
    Options
    Hello again, this is definitely a supportive place, it's really nice to get loads of nice messages!

Fliegenschwein (love that name btw) your parents are very close by as I live about 5 mins drive away from there!

x
  • RoosterB
    RoosterB Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck with this. I'm from Oop North UK but went to Nottingham Uni which is kind of east midlands I guess.
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    Welcome! And many congratulations on 4lb loss - that's a great start :o)

I'm from Cambridge, so not too far from Leicester - feel free to add me it's great to get more friends :o)

I've been on here for 25 days now, it's gone soo fast i'm soooo addicted it great so sure you'll love it here everyone is lovely :o)
  • ruthkennedy
    ruthkennedy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome, I'm a bit further south in north Herts. I didn't realise there were so many of us Brits here.

Feel free to add me guys - I need all the friends I can get at the mo!

Ruth
  • Gdzgal771
    Gdzgal771 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    hi melissa..welcome! you surely have some good incentive to lose weight..good luck to you and congrats on coming wedding :heart: :heart: you will find many good friends to encourage you and good tips they share.. :happy: :happy:
    feel free to add me to your friends..:smile::happy:
  • awilliams0209
    awilliams0209 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! If you need some extra support, feel free to add me as a friend. The support here is amazing, and the more you have, the easier it feels :)