Apple Watch Users

Options
amandallee
amandallee Posts: 40 Member
edited September 2017 in Motivation and Support
There may already be a thread for this, but I'm just looking for friends/motivators to add on the Apple Watch. I sit at a desk 10 hours a day and setting alarms to get up and move just doesn't seem to be doing it for me anymore. I need to compete lol
MODERATOR NOTE: Please send personal details via Private Message, please do not post your personal information in the forums.

Guideline 7. Do Not Publish Private Contact Information

For your safety, do not post personal information such as telephone numbers, emails, mailing addresses, chat or instant messenger IDs, etc.

You may post links to your fitbit profile if you wish but do not post email addresses and phone numbers. If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

With respect,
Sugar
MFP Moderator

Replies

• darlamiller
    darlamiller Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm an Apple Watch user workout everyday and follow a 1200 calorie diet !! I' m active on Mfp several times a day !!!
  • Dinow
    Dinow Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I climb the stairs daily at work 3 floors started with 5 min and now slowly increasing

• R2che
    R2che Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm an Apple Watch user too! Fairly active and still have 5 lbs to get to my goal... I'll add you x
  • Hope_bay74
    Hope_bay74 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hi Women Apple Watch Users! I am switching my fitbit to the new Apple Watch (series 3) once they arrive in. I'm curious to know if you went for the larger size or smaller one. I'm 5'7 and was wondering if the large will be too big. I don't like the idea of the smaller screen. Also, if you have the aluminum model, has it gotten scratched or damaged? I will be happy to share my email once I get one :)
  • Dinow
    Dinow Posts: 113 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hello I have the smaller 2 series 38mm. Get the protection, my husband dropped his 42mm one and Apple told him 300 to fix since he did not get Apple care.
  • AlisonHoose
    AlisonHoose Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi - just synced my Apple Watch to MFP today! Keen to get the most out of it to help me feel motivated as I've been sooooo bad lately !
    Any feedback on how it keeps people motivated please?!?
  • timibotkin
    timibotkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE my Apple Watch!
  • NurseKristi81
    NurseKristi81 Posts: 90 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Also love my apple watch! Always open to more competition too, Any of you ladies feel free to add me :) [personal details removed by MFP mods]
  • earce84
    earce84 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm part of the Apple watch crowd and walk often and always active. Would love some competition also. I don't know how to add someone yet so message me and I can figure it out.
  • diannecampbelll2
    diannecampbelll2 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hope_bay74 wrote: »
    Hi Women Apple Watch Users! I am switching my fitbit to the new Apple Watch (series 3) once they arrive in. I'm curious to know if you went for the larger size or smaller one. I'm 5'7 and was wondering if the large will be too big. I don't like the idea of the smaller screen. Also, if you have the aluminum model, has it gotten scratched or damaged? I will be happy to share my email once I get one :)

I am 5'7" and i got the small one 2 months ago. Go to stores that sell them and try it on for the face size. Mine is aluminum and so far looks new!

• x_stephisaur_x
    x_stephisaur_x Posts: 149 Member
    Options

I'm 5'10" and I have the 42mm screen. I have quite slim wrists, but I don't find that it looks too big. My Mum is your height, and also has the bigger screen which she loves!

Mine has gotten a little scratched, but I've had it 2 years now so can't complain too much. My main issue is that I smack it off door handles quite a lot at work! I got a little clear rubber protector for the sides, which has really helped reduce the damage :)

X
  • Hope_bay74
    Hope_bay74 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Thanks All! I went to the store and tried them on. I ended up with the smaller one. I don't like wearing much on my wrists and it felt better to me. I know I would have liked the larger screen but I'm sure I will adjust fast. I splurged for the stainless Steele with cellular. My provider (Rogers) isn't supported yet but I like the idea of not carrying my phone all the time. They are back ordered 3-4 weeks. New Goal- no sweets until it comes :)
  • jakes2011
    jakes2011 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks All! I went to the store and tried them on. I ended up with the smaller one. I don't like wearing much on my wrists and it felt better to me. I know I would have liked the larger screen but I'm sure I will adjust fast. I splurged for the stainless Steele with cellular. My provider (Rogers) isn't supported yet but I like the idea of not carrying my phone all the time. They are back ordered 3-4 weeks. New Goal- no sweets until it comes :)

It's best to get what feels best to you - glad you got to try before you buy! I have the 42 stainless steel & love it (not a scratch in almost a year). You can add me when you get yours (I'll add you on here & you can message me when your watch arrives). I've totally fallen off the wagon and need some new challenges to get me going!
  • amandallee
    amandallee Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi - just synced my Apple Watch to MFP today! Keen to get the most out of it to help me feel motivated as I've been sooooo bad lately !
    Any feedback on how it keeps people motivated please?!?

It motivates the *kitten* out of me lol I feel accomplished when I close all of my rings for the day. I also am competitive so sharing with other folks makes me want to beat their activity every day lol
  • timibotkin
    timibotkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love my apple watch! Anyone who wants to add me can! I do have an issue with the outdoor walk feature not registering any activity, but everything else is great! It is the aluminum model and a series one, maybe the new series has fixed that issue?
  • earce84
    earce84 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would love more friends to keep me going. I'm fairly active and always up for a challenge. I know we can't post information so message me and we can add each other.
  • kelaya00
    kelaya00 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I also have a Apple Watch but not sure how to add people. Message me and I will add you :smile:
  • AshEvelynn
    AshEvelynn Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I need new motivation! Please pm me so we can swap info and buddy up!
  • tonytedesco
    tonytedesco Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Add me please! PM for details! It just occurred to me that most of my real friends do not have an apple watch! Jerks!