Getting STARTED ISN'T EASY

Options
PAF01
PAF01 Posts: 2 Member
I have been using this app for some time but I am just stepping out into the public forum. My weight seems to stay the same no matter what I do. I am starting mindful eating and mindfulness around my excuses for not exercising daily.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Have you got a calorie goal for weight loss, and have you been weighing all solids and measuring all liquids so you can accurately log you intake?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Have you tried logging your food and eating at a deficit? That's the ONE thing that you must do for weight loss. You can exercise all you want but if you're not eating at a deficit you're not going to lose. If you're staying the same weight then you've found your maintenance calories.
  • nw623
    nw623 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I measure/weigh everything I eat. Eating out is hard since I can't do that, but I always try to find something comparable on MFP to what I ate. If there are multiple options for the same thing I try to avoid the lowest calorie option to err on the side of caution. Creating a deficit will help.

Being mindful about not exercising is not the same as exercising. We can all do a fantastic job of talking ourselves out of why we shouldn't work out. A good workout can take as little as 20 minutes and YouTube is a great resource for finding a workout video that doesn't feel like exercise. Based on experience, the days I least feel like working out are the days I need it the most-the exception being if I am ill with the flu or something like that.

Start off slow with your exercise. If you don't workout, then aim for goals of 3x/week. You'll burn yourself out by not building up to longer and more frequent workouts. Also, don't beat yourself up if you go a few calories over one day. Make up for it in your deficit the next day. You've got this!